Between now and Thanksgiving Challenge

Options
Between now and Thanksgiving (about 2 wks away), I want to lose 3 lbs. Actually I just want to be under 120. It's been a good 5 years since i've been under 120 and I am so close now! Now that I'm seeing results I'm slacking off a bit (something I tend to do...) and I need to give myself that final push to get to my goal!

I'd love to have others join me in the effort to reach their own goals by Thanksgiving.... so please feel free to post what you'd like to accomplish over the next 2 weeks.

Also post what you'll do to meet your goal.

To lose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving I am going to:
- track everything I eat on MFP's food tracker and stay within my calorie limits
- drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
- workout (mixture of strength / cardio) for 30 - 60 mins 4 days a week (at a minimum)
- avoid fast food

Nothing fancy.... just the tried/true methods for losing weight!!! It's what has worked to lose the first 8 lbs. I just need to get back on track again! I'm over halfway to my first goal, time to push to the finish!

Who's gonna join me?

Replies

• jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I would like to lose 3-4lbs by Thanksgiving...to get closer to my 1st mini-goal of 25lbs lost!

> I am going to track everything on MFP.
    > Drink 8-10 glasses of water
    > I am going to try to go to the gym a minimum of 3xs a week...including Thanksgiving week when I am off work 2 days.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose 3 pounds by Thanksgiving......I am already doing all you listed, so hopefully I will have awesome results
  • makaylaeakes
    Options
    I am trying to lose five pounds by Thanksgiving. I am working my butt of to reach my mini goal, and I also know that is a significant weight loss but I am eating,drinking, and exercising like I am suppose to so hopefully these five pounds come off. Good luck with yours.

At me last weigh in (few days ago) I was at 171. Mini goal weight for this month is 166-165. :bigsmile:
  • Fineforlife
    Options
    I am going to try that Challenge. I new to the site and just finding my way around.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    ok, so whoever is with me on this, let's make sure to AT LEAST check in once a week - so by next Wednesday (which is the halfway point) let us know how you are doing.

Even better would be to check in daily to let us all know how you are doing with your efforts to meet your goal.

Good luck everyone!!!
  • briteyes
    Options
    today is my official start day, although i did make myself log all of my calories yesterday and i walked on the treadclimber for 30 mins :) today i'm running at lunch for 30 minutes, and will do a JM DVD tonight.
  • jennblack23
    Options
    hi..i'm new to the site and excited to get started..this site is a great place for motivation..i'm gonna try to lose 8 lbs by thanksgiving..good luck everyone :)
  • briteyes
    Options
    wow, Jenn, that is quite ambitious! good luck!

How is everyone doing? I didn't do too well over the weekend and AF is on her way, so I think I'm going to just have to be surprised with next Wednesday's weigh-in and just be as good as possible over the next week and a half. I know this week's weigh-in will be skewed from AF.
  • jennblack23
    Options
    had my first weigh in today and i'm down 6.2 lbs..so i guess i need another 1.8 lbs to meet my thanksgiving goal of 8 lbs..i know it was mostly water weight, but it will keep me motivated for the week ahead :) ..good luck to everyone :)
  • briteyes
    Options
    jenn, congrats!!! you can totally meet your goal!!!
  • briteyes
    Options
    Ok, whoever is still with me on this, let's weigh in and see how we're doing!

I weighed in this morning and I'm down 1 lb.
  • jennblack23
    Options
    lol..sorry jen..i can't weigh in until monday..i don't want to get discouraged of i see a bad number..lol..but hopefully monday morning i will be down another 2 lbs and i'll have met my thanksgiving goal :)
  • briteyes
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!

How did everyone do on this short challenge?

I didn't think I was gonna make goal, but I weighed in this morning and there I was sitting right at goal! woohoo!!! I hope to stay there through this weekend and have a larger goal of losing at least 4 more lbs by Christmas, but also to fit into my jeans from a few years ago.