Looking to some new members to befriend (and veterans too)

Hello!

My name is Stephanie and I've been here off and on for a long time. I've been dedicated to MFP for almost a year (Jan 13th) and I've loved every moment. I've lost 30 pounds but gained so much more in the process. I've learned what works for me through trial and error. I've learned what I like to do and what doesn't tickle my fancy. I've gained a huge support system here and these friends keep me accountable and excited to be on this journey every day.

I'm looking to add more friends to my friend list and want to reach out to those new people that are just starting out. I firmly believe that having a good support system can make all the difference on your fitness journey. Feel free to send me a friend request or post on this forum. I may not know all the answers but I'm willing to help in any way I can and offer support.

Some info about me:
23 years old female 5'7
150lbs pounds - started at 180 (goal is 145lbs ish)
25% body fat (goal is 22%)
If I had to categorize my eating I would say its IIFYM but I don't preach it or push it
I strength train using the Stronglifts 5x5 program, I walk during my work breaks/lunches and use my fitbit flex to track it. I occasionally run and hike.

Anyway, Happy New Year!

Replies

• TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    bump
  • celcey
    celcey Posts: 32
    ????????bump this????????
    Great job on your hard work Steph!
  • mellowadam
    mellowadam Posts: 114 Member
    Feel free to add me. I've been doing MFP for a year or so but haven't been logging for a few months. I'm on an 8 day logging streak though! Could use the support.
  • DJHudgins
    DJHudgins Posts: 172
    Hey there!! Feel free to add me. I kinda fell off the weight loss wagon last year because of issues, but I am starting to get back on track. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    How long have you been doing Stronglifts? Have you thought of transitioning to a muscle group split with hypertrophy as the goal?
  • TheStephil
    ????????bump this????????
    Great job on your hard work Steph!

Thank you very much :flowerforyou:
    Feel free to add me. I've been doing MFP for a year or so but haven't been logging for a few months. I'm on an 8 day logging streak though! Could use the support.

Added :)
    Hey there!! Feel free to add me. I kinda fell off the weight loss wagon last year because of issues, but I am starting to get back on track. Congrats on the weight loss!

Hello! Added. Thank you! :)
    How long have you been doing Stronglifts? Have you thought of transitioning to a muscle group split with hypertrophy as the goal?

I'm still a noob when it comes to real strength training. I was messing around with bodyweight and machine "weight training" for about 6 months but did not see any progress. I started Stronglifts about 2 months ago and I'm still seeing gains from it. I'm not currently interested in transitioning to muscle group splits at this time due to time restraints and I'm really loving the stronglifts moves. Maybe in the future.
  • misto81
    misto81 Posts: 1 Member
    Please add me:) Been working out on and off but not doing much with MFP. Hope to change that and meet some people to help motivate me.
  • Hi there! I am in my twenties, looking to loose about 20 pounds slowly but steadily so that I might keep it off permanently.

Feel free to add me! =)
  • TheStephil
    Added both of you :)
  • I'm kind new to this.. always looking to meet new people and support :)
  • feel free to add me- i am looking for more friends too- love to read the success stories! makes me feel like people need to get out and move! and make an effort to eat healthy..rather than take a magic pill like you see on tv- this is where its at!
  • TheStephil
    Added both of you :)
  • uparhi
    uparhi Posts: 1
    Being Indian, I usually love to eat Indian food. Any recommendations on Indian food would be a big help. Just joined yesterday.
  • TheStephil
    Being Indian, I usually love to eat Indian food. Any recommendations on Indian food would be a big help. Just joined yesterday.

Welcome to mfp. Unfortunately I don't eat Indian food so I won't be much help.