Newcomer

Options
Hey folks, I recently downloaded the app and figured i`d post here to inquire about having you lovely lot add me. I have found in the past that weight loss is much each easier with the support and comraderie of others. I'd hugely appreciate the support. From Scotland, 26 year old male student.

Replies

• EuthaJ
    EuthaJ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Glad you are on board!! So what is your plan?
  • ShoddyGorgon
    Options
    Still trying to figure thay part out. I figured cutting 500-700 calories a day and aiming for 2000 calorie burn a week from extra exercise will be a fairly gentle way to start, and just take it from there, based on how my results look
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Still trying to figure thay part out. I figured cutting 500-700 calories a day and aiming for 2000 calorie burn a week from extra exercise will be a fairly gentle way to start, and just take it from there, based on how my results look

Sorry, I might be misreading this. Are you saying you are going to eat only 500-700 calories while doing a weekly 2000 calorie burn? Or you are cutting 500-700 calories from your maintenance calories?
  • jurgie18
    jurgie18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey, Welcome! What kind of exercise do you plan to do? You can add me if you would like. Good luck it's easier than you think.
  • ShoddyGorgon
    Options

Sorry, I might be misreading this. Are you saying you are going to eat only 500-700 calories while doing a weekly 2000 calorie burn? Or you are cutting 500-700 calories from your maintenance calories?

Oh, hah, good point. No, cutting out 500-700 from my daily maintenance requirement, sorry.
  • ShoddyGorgon
    Options
    Hey, Welcome! What kind of exercise do you plan to do? You can add me if you would like. Good luck it's easier than you think.

When I have access to the gym (saturdays usually) I tend to just spend 30-45 mins on the cross trainer and the same again on the treadmill or bike, whichever is available. Without gym access, I stick to cross country/hill walking, which is proving difficult with the terrible weather.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Oh, hah, good point. No, cutting out 500-700 from my daily maintenance requirement, sorry.

Hahaha! Scared me there for bit :D