New to MFP need to lose 110lbs looking for support

Options
Hi, I am new to MFP and I an not sure how to add friends yet. However, I would enjoy having support and accountability as I start to change my life. I have a long way to go but I am finally serious about making the changes in my life to live a more healthy lifestyle. Any and all advice welcome and appreciated.

Replies

• roxie1214
    Options
    Hi! Welome! Wishing you the best of luck on your life changing journey!! :happy:
  • Michuka
    Options
    I am new at this as well, what I am doing at present is recording everything I eat so I can see how much of the wrong stuff (and quantity) I am eating. I could not believe how many extra calories I am entering in this body of mine. I have alerted my family members that as from Monday I will be sticking to the required calorie intake, so portions will be smaller and lots of healthy snacks like carrots and green tea at hand. May work for you to start with...?!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year and welcome to MFP!

My recommendation is to log every single thing that you eat. As long as you eat at a deficit to your TDEE you will lose weight. Stay consistent and results will come.
  • futuremilf2014
    Options
    Hello, I am also new to MFP. I am looking to lose 55 pounds. I hope to see great progress from you while we both make this life change. So HAPPY NEW YEAR, and HAPPY New YOU. I look forward to seethe changes you will make as it will serve as a motivation to me . :)
  • goodbyefreshman15
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request :) and if you ever need any advice or motivation, I'm nearly always online!
  • DJHudgins
    DJHudgins Posts: 172
    Options
    Welcome!! I will send you a friend invite :)
  • Dewdrop32
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support. I have a quick question. How often should I weigh in on a scale if I have such a large goal?
  • DJHudgins
    DJHudgins Posts: 172
    Options
    Personally, when I started this last year, I done it weekly. To me that was a pretty good space and help me not get sidetracked and worried if I had a off day :)
  • katemckenna5
    katemckenna5 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I sent a request. You can accept it (if you like :)) by clicking on the little guy in the top right corner. Or you can send me a request if you want. :)

-Kate