Need encouragement.

Options
Hi guys!

So I am new to this site and well new to losing weight and I am in desperate need of it. I have tried everything and what I find I need most in motivation. I'm 21 years old and I shouldn't be afraid of going out in public, I should be having the time of my life and instead I'm hiding behind sweatshirts and hoodies and feeling ashamed of what I have become.

I'm serious this time about getting my weight off. I have a ways to go and I know it will take a while (what may feel like forever), but I'm looking for any and all encouragement I can get from people who feel the same way. Someone I can talk with and we can feed off eachother's accomplishments etc. If anyone is interested let me know :)

I'm ready for this change of lifestyle and I'm going to embrace it.

Cassy

Replies

• tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    Welcome, your at the right place! Everyone is so great and supportive!!! Sending you a friend request :)
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!!!
  • forswearitssight
    forswearitssight Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I know what it feels like to feel trapped in your own body. A girl I know was pigging out in front of me one day and just goes, "This is what happens when you're a fat girl trapped inside a skinny girl's body." My repsonse to her was, "I'm a skinny girl trapped inside a fat girl's body." I've been up and down and back and forth a million and one times.

I've been using this site on and off for a while, but this is the first time I've ever been active in the community aspect of it. People are really nice and supportive. You can always find people to answer your questions or share tips. We're all in the same boat, really. Take a look around and see what people have to say. I've even started friending random people who seem to have the same goals that I do. Sometimes just having a few people there helps a lot.

Good luck!! :)
  • D_Rose
    Options
    Know how ya feel! I'm here to tell you you'll be much happier as time goes on and you see yourself shrinking.:happy: