Looking for some running pals

Options
I'm kind of new to the running game. I started running last year, I run 5km quite frequently on my cardio days.
I just singed up for the Around The Bay Race in Hamilton, Ontario its a 30km run in March. I may have bit off more
then I can chew but, I like to set the bar high. So feel free to add me and I also love doing Tough Mudders!

Replies

• bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am a new runner as well. Training for a half marathon in April. My math skills are bad, so converting km into miles is not my strength =)
  • Mmaboyd
    Mmaboyd Posts: 23
    Options
    Thats 18.6 miles
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Am into running. Have been doing so properly for around 14 months.
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thanks! that helps! That is a great goal- how many miles do you do now? Have you looked into any training programs?
  • Mmaboyd
    Mmaboyd Posts: 23
    Options
    I can run half of that now and yes I've looked into training programs but I think I need to weight train my legs more and do some more core training. They call the course a mini Boston Marathon because of the inclines and stufff.
  • TristansHawk
    TristansHawk Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey! I live in Muskoka, Ontario and started running at the beginning of last year. This year I am looking to run a couple of 5Ks and maybe something more challenging!

Feel free to add me! I'd love to watch you reach your goals!
  • SherryIsRunner5
    SherryIsRunner5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am a slow runner, still working on my endurance. Feel free to add!
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I did the Scotia Waterfront Half Marathon in October. Kudos to you for setting the bar high!
  • Stoicus
    Stoicus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Been running for a couple of years, not a fast runner, more the tortoise than the hare, but currently training for a marathon in April. The more running buds, the better I think especially for motivation, anyone is free to add me :)