My last attempt at losing weight and am finally gonna do it!

Options
Hi! My name's Natalia and I just joined today. I've struggled with my weight my entire life. I'm currently at my highest weight now and am really seeing this as my last and final attempt at losing weight. I have new found motivation and feel that with the right tools and right people to go through it with, I can do it. I'm 23 years old and have decided, that for my health and overall well-being, I will not celebrate my 24th birthday overweight.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully we can talk and motivate each other!

Replies

• MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) This site is really useful. I'd never lost a sizeable amount of weight before I joined this site, currently I'm down 10lbs in about 2 months. This site makes me very mindful of what I'm putting into my body and how I treat myself.
    Good luck!
  • RandyGreengrass
    Options
    That is so great for you! Stay at it!
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    Good luck!

I am working on being at a healthy BMI by my 30th birthday. It's a real wake up call when you get on in life and have a kid and he wants to run around everywhere. You remember that you LOVED doing that as a kid. That's my motivation. Anyway :)
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have learned that losing weight is not a diet, it is a lifestyle. I no longer think about cutting out "bad" food, whether that is carbs or sweets. I do watch what I eat and count calories. That means I eat a lot less carbs and sweets. Sweets are to be a treat.

One good link on here for newcomers is:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/55796-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition?hl=new+please+read&page=2#posts-1724820

Good luck on the journey to health.
  • jaj06760
    jaj06760 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Get it girl! Wish you luck!
  • BughaBear
    Options
    Welcome this is my second day and Im so likin it so far it did lose wt before but put it back on. I found this while I was readin something about Zumba I ordered the dvds and I love them. So we can be a motivator for each other!!
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have been heavy almost my entire life also (Starting from about 4th grade to now in 12th grade) and im back on trying to lose this wieght....my goal is to lose 100 pounds by Thanksgiving of 2011. Just hold stong...get encouragement...and rememeber that every pound shed is a victory.
  • sairan21
    Options
    Thanks to all who took the time to reply and give me even more motivation, which in my case, is something that dwindles fast. Good luck to all of you too and congrats to those of you who are already on the path to success!
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

I would say that you have come to the right site for support. Even when you dont think you are doing good, you will get motivation to stay strong and that is what we as women and men lack at times during our attempts to live healthier lives. I wish you well and keep us updated on your track to being healthy and to your success.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    welcome on board! :flowerforyou:
  • edflood
    edflood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You can do it. You sound very determined!

Take it day by day and if you slip then just get back on track. Don't throw any progress away!
  • Chacen
    Chacen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm fairly new here myself and I wanted to welcome you and wish you the best as I'm sure you will find endless amounts of postive motivation and comments from all the wonderful people on this website!