OMG Is it just me?

Options
Okay so the other day my brother brought home EXTRA GUM...the kind that has dessert flavors...well his was Kiwi lime pie ...well i had some that morning and i think it tricked my brain into thinking i ate something...i hadnt had breakfast and i felt full!!! Has anyone else experienced this? any thoughts on it?

Replies

• mrsdonaheღ
    Options
    No, but I think I'll try it!! :bigsmile:
  • resptech97
    Options
    I havent tried it yet. But when I go to Walamart I am SO gonna buy every flavor. Ive been wanting to try them since I saw the commercial. And THEN I saw it on the biggest loser. That made me REALLY want some.
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have tried the key lime pie and it really takes care of the craving for something sweet.
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    ahh i've wanted to try those so badly! but i cant seem to find them anywhere around here! (i live in a normal sized city and everything! what gives!?) but chalk up another reason for me to get a pack, once i can find them that is.
  • kayjay7171
    kayjay7171 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've tried all three flavors. My favorite is key lime pie and then mint chocolate chip. It is GREAT!!
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Something similar happens to me with gum...I don't necessarily feel full but it stops me from eating just to eat.:smile:

I usually chew gum between breakfast and lunch because I take a late lunch everyday. This helps not feel hungry!

The wonders of gum!:happy: Key Lime gum anyone? by all means please!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    That is VERY YUMMY gum although gum of any kind always MAKES me hungry. I can eat a meal and then chew gum and my stomach starts growling. I learned in health class that gum makes you hungry because you are sucking in a lot of air while chewing and she told us that makes you hungry. I actually believe that because it happens to me.
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I eat the mint chocolate chip one all the time! It's great for getting over cravings, and it does make you feel full!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I haven't had those flavors, but I love the fruity stuff and the Extra smoothie flavors! I actually chew gum all day long - it helps my cravings and fools my tummy :-) I still eat on my schedule, I just don't feel deprived in between!
  • BughaBear
    Options
    Hmmmm might have to try them cause I sure can use a cravin suppressor!!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    gum is a good way to avoid snacking. The chewing action tricks your body and the flavors tricks the mind. shouldn't be used to avoid meals though lol
  • OceanBlue80
    Options
    I've tried the mint chocolate chip ice cream flavor and it actually does taste like mint chocolate chip ice cream! I love it because it does give me that feeling of having indulged in ice cream without all the calories.
  • lenaxox
    Options
    lovin the mint chocolate chip!!! just bought a pack today :)
  • brownspicegirl
    Options
    Dr Oz recommends chewing gum, it tricks the brain, to feeling full.
    He suggested, chewing gum, so you will avoid senseless snacking.
    I plan on looking out for this yummy gum, everyone is raving about.
    Thanks
    Michelle
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am going to try it.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I like the mint chocolate chip one.
  • katerinab
    Options
    The strawberry shortcake one is really disappointing. All I taste is really bad fake shortcake flavoring. Mouth full of chemical taste - yummy!

Glad to hear the mint choc chip is good - I might try that.