Creamer for coffee?

Options

Replies

• EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I mix my own; In a 500ml container I mix 100 ml Heavy Cream and 400 ml SO No sugar added Vanilla Coconut Milk, along with a few drops of Pure Vanilla Extract. Sometimes, like right now, I also add a teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice. YUMO! Gives me the creaminess of the cream, lightened up with the coconut milk. :drinker:
  • mom2rpkp
    mom2rpkp Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I stay away from the processed ones, because they usually have high fructose corn syrup. Natural Bliss is yummy and has less processy-stuff but it's expensive for just cream, vanilla and sugar.

I'm trying to adjust my taste to enjoy black coffee. I use cinnamon and pure vanilla extract in the grounds which seems to mellow the flavor. When I do have creamer I use 1 TBSP organic half and half and 2 TBSP whole or 2% milk, and a couple of drops of liquid stevia. The only prepared creamer I buy is SO Delicious, because it doesn't have additives and uses coconut milk and real cane sugar instead of HFCS.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I adore adding some of my GNC Swiss chocolate protein drink. Yummy mocha lol!

Ha, I do that too!
    And I journal it every time. Only about 14 calories for a teaspoon or so, and it adds just the right amt of chocolate yummy goodness! I've also used the no sugar added swiss miss cocoa.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream with a splash of real vanilla extract, simply makes the best tasting coffee.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    International Delight - Almond Joy. :love:
  • atactic
    atactic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've phased out creamers and sugar in the last 3 weeks. Added a little less every day.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    International Delight....the regular stuff. I hate the fat-free and sugar-free kind.
  • terridyment
    terridyment Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Skim milk and on treat days I use 18%cream
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil blended through
  • moylek
    moylek Posts: 27
    Options
    "I use fat free 1/2 and 1/2 by Land O Lakes."

I must admit that I've always been puzzled that they can call it half-and-half when it has no fat. "Half-and-half" should be, by definition, half milk and half cream - so about 10% fat.

Anyhow ... I used to drink a standard double-double: two cream, two sugar. I cut back on the sugar and then dropped it, using cinnamon and cocoa unless I'm drinking *really* good coffee.
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I prefer no chemicals, so usually just 1 to 2 tablespoons of organic half and half (it's pretty creamy so I have been using less as I adjust). No sugar, no sweeteners. It took about a week for my taste buds to adjust to no sugar but it was worth it. Now any type of sugared product is too sweet.
  • justinproulx1
    Options
    with Ice and black beldner with some whey "proteinochino" bam no sweetener needed
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I use 1-1/3 tablespoons of Maxwell House International Foods Sugar Free French Vanilla Café for a creamer/sweetener in my coffee. It's delicious and only costs me 30 cal. per cup. I usually only drink 1-2 a day.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    The chemical I like to have in my coffee is casein. In the form of heavy cream.:drinker:
  • Pixt
    Pixt Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I go for half and half.

Or, if I feel like cleaning a blender after ... Cytosport 100% Whey Protein powder (from Costco) blended with two cups hot coffee tastes awesome and starts my day with 27g protein :)
  • Nadia222222
    Nadia222222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Me Too!!! LOL I love my French Vanilla Creamer!!!!
  • Ladyluna39
    Options
    I put a pinch of cardamom in the grounds before brewing to give it some sweet and nicely spiced flavor. Then just a tbsp of whole milk.
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I use Organic Valley soy creamer at home. It has just a hint of vanilla and sweetness. When I'm out, it's 1/2 and 1/2. Agree with Ladyluna-cardamom is tasty in coffee especially with a little honey.
  • mdeep04
    mdeep04 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and a packet of truvia.
  • futurefitdvm2017
    futurefitdvm2017 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Darigold hazelnut flavor. It's real half and half!! I'd much rather drink that then creamer with a long list of ingredients I can't pronounce. Plus, it's DELICIOUS!!