Ditch the Keto madness?

Options
Ive started the new year on a keto diet....two days in im wondering if its a foolish decision as im worried about losing muscle mass i have gained over the past year....my primary goal is to drop bodyfat % till i reach 10%. I have worked out i have 6.5% to lose or 11 pounds or so, this should take 12-14 weeks at approx -500 maintainence. Please post your cutting experiences.

Many thanks Jim

Replies

• ronnio_ron
    Options
    not sure if 2 days is enuff to ditch anything for that matters...

Keto has its pros and cons as with any other diet....but you look good already and in that case you could very well do with a deficit calorific intake and lift hard rather than go for keto...

but then again there are ppl who swear by it...so will i, although I was low carb and have lost a ton of weight....
  • Mullerboy
    Options
    Just to add some more info.....im not experiencing any side effects yet I actually feel less bloated....just not sure it is easy to stick to keto with family life etc.....the wife isnt happy when i tell her I cant eat the tea she spent the afternoon cooking lol!!!
  • justinproulx1
    Options
    Personal opinion...Keto works Ive seen it and tried it, but however you can get the same results in other ways as well, i like carb cycling over keto. So if you dont like Keto just ditch it you wont be missing out on anyhting.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I would think as long as you keep your protein moderate enough, then you won't lose muscle mass. Two days in is nothing. You may start to feel symptoms of the "keto flu" after a week, but if you push through it, you will feel better afterwards. I've been doing keto since the end of July. I'm also the only one in the house doing it, so it is possible.

As for your wife, look up keto variations of recipes she uses and have her cook that way instead. You can still have tea. Just use a carb-free sweetener and heavy cream in it.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Carbs are protein and muscle sparing.