2014 Jan...100 & more MILES walk/run/bike

Options
JANUARY 2014................. HAPPY NEW YEAR

OK guys...you asked for it............ Lets see what kind of damage we can do.......LOL.... :flowerforyou:

Replies

• airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm in for January!
    Want to buy a bike to ride, need to get my weight down some more for regular bike!
    But will be walking on 01/01/2014!
  • TheDarkestStar87
    TheDarkestStar87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I need something to keep me cycling to work in this weather and I'm starting my half marathon training, that should add up to enough :-)
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Great goal!
  • stacie915
    stacie915 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in!!!! December was my first challenge....will have just over 60 my tomorrow. For January I'm going to beat that mark!! I am so going to try to hit the 100 miles!! I just have to!!!:happy:
  • airdiva1
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Just got home from my walk!
    I MADE IT EVERYONE!!!:bigsmile:
    Right now at 101 miles!
    Might go out later to do two miles as a victory lap!
    Proud of myself!
    Trying to reach my first goal of under 250 so I can buy me a bike to ride
  • cassandrac1983
    Options
    Id love to do this! Would be my frist time on MFP - how does it work?!
  • zosia141
    zosia141 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a new year challenge .OK - I'm in.
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Certainly a worthy goal, especially for January but keep in mind these are hardly equivalent. :wink:

100 miles of biking is about equivalent to running 25-30 miles. I'd say you have to ride 250-300 miles to be equal to running 100.

And while 100 miles of walking takes a long time,in terms of effort and calorie burn it doesn't compare to running 100.

I've averaged ~120 miles running the last 6 months, so I'd like to keep that streak going.
  • jeanniewes
    jeanniewes Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in!!!! December was my first challenge....will have just over 60 my tomorrow. For January I'm going to beat that mark!! I am so going to try to hit the 100 miles!! I just have to!!!:happy:

ONCE JANUARY 1ST COMES you just log on too this thread. You post how many miles you walked or biked daily. IF you can't log on every day then log any days all at once. You can just type in your miles OR you can go too tickerfactory.com and set up daily tickers. I usually do the tickers but sometimes If I'm rushed for time I just type in the days progress...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE...
  • conatser9
    conatser9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in, didn't make the 100 mark in Dec. Jan. is a new month.
  • WenHurley
    WenHurley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • blondeillegally
    Options
    I love walking.. But I'd love to be able to progress to running. I'm up for this challenge. 50 miles walked 50 miles ran is my goal.
  • ShayBN42
    Options
    I'm in! I'm trying to get back into running and this looks like a good way to start.
  • airdiva1
    Options
    Off to a great start today! Walked five miles! Attempted to jog a bit. Maybe five minutes total!
    I want to get below 250 so I can buy a regular bike. I don't have the money to purchase an expensive bike.
  • caroluherek
    caroluherek Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I need this challenge! Broke a bone in my arm in December and get the cast off next week, I need something to help encourage me to get back to walking daily. In Canada 100 miles = 160.9 kilometers - yikes, better get moving!
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Im in, I need to be far more active. How do we report progress?
  • zosia141
    Options
    Jan.1- 5.4 miles per fitbit.
    Are we posting daily on this challenge ?
  • jeanniewes
    jeanniewes Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    I need this challenge! Broke a bone in my arm in December and get the cast off next week, I need something to help encourage me to get back to walking daily. In Canada 100 miles = 160.9 kilometers - yikes, better get moving!

GOOD LUCK!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Personally I had hoped too get a lot more in this month. My mom had a major stroke on Tuesday so I dont know how all that is going too go just yet. My walking thus far has been at the Hospital...

PHIT4EVA......You just walk ever how many miles and then log it here. Sometimes I use a ticker but that has too change daily. That is found at tickerfactory.com....GOOD LUCK....

ZOSIA......YES you can POST DAILY OR post ever few days or do a whole week log on one post...It is whatever you have time for...As you see here I am posting today for the past TWO days...

TWO & ONE HALF MILES at a slower rate JANUARY 1ST 2013
    TWO & ONE HALF MILES at a slower rate JANUARY 2ND 2013

TOTAL THUS FAR.........FIVE MILES...
  • stacie915
    stacie915 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    1/2/13 4.07 miles on elliptical and treadmill......

exercise.png
  • zosia141
    Options
    3.6 miles Jan. 2

I'm going to see if I can figure out how to get a tracker.