Today I went shopping in my own closet & it was awesome!

Options
A few months ago I was out shopping. I tried on a pair of pants in my normal size 24 and they were too tight. I tried on the 26 & they fit. I'd never worn a 26 before. I'd noticed that my current pants were getting a bit tight & uncomfortable, but really hadn't thought much about it. I thought to myself, "NO, this is not happening. You are not a 26. You are not buying size 26." I left the store & started my weight loss journey that evening. Now realisticly, I might have been a bit bloated that day & if I went back another day, the 24s might have fit, but that number sort of shocked me.

Today, while getting ready for work, I just couldn't bring myself to put on any of the clothes that had gotten so baggy & ill fitting. I was looking through the stuff buried at the back of my closet & came upon this cute pair of pant I probably haven't worn in 2 or 3 years. I thought to my self, "sure I've lost weight, but there is no way I've lost enough to fit back into these". On a whim, I tried them on. They fit! Not only did they fit, they looked good! :happy: They were a size 20! I spent the next 20 minutes trying on a bunch of clothes from the back of my closet.

When I get home tonight, I'm cleaning out all the 24's. The stuff I really love is going to my mom to be altered. The other stuff is going right to Goodwill. I'm moving all the 20's to the front of the closet...and I know that there are some 18's just waiting in the wings.

Replies

• Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    That is so exciting! Congratulations on your success so far!!! Keep up the great work!!!

I did something very similar the other day...I was going through my closet and ended up trying on ALL of my jeans (I have about 15 pairs lol) and I put them into piles of when they would fit :) So my drawers now have sticky notes accoding to size. I'm excited to get into my "when i'm 170-179lbs jeans" very soon :happy: When I started trying to lose weight back in July it was because I had given in & bought a pair of size 16 jeans...currently I fit into all of my 12s and everything else is too big!!!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    How rad are you??!!!! I can't wait to 'shop' in my own closet :)

There's a great program that accepts Women's business clothing and gives to low income ladies trying to find employment.

just in case you're interested and/or have one nearby you.

http://www.thewomensalliance.org/

Congratulations on the rewards of your hard work :heart:
  • grandsolike
    grandsolike Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow...that is fantastic, well done!

I can't wait to do the same and get rid of my fat clothes, the wardrobe in the spare room is full of gorgeous clothes that I'm dying to get back into.
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!!! I cant wait to go shopping in my closet
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I can soo relate. I can't wait to get into the clothes in my closet that still have the friggin tags on them! I bought them smaller awhile back with visions of my getting into them some day. Now, 2 years later, I hope to be in some of them by the end of the year! Here's to you! :drinker:
  • ardaniels0417
    Options
    That is the best feeling. Your like, what am I going to wear today? Usually you would pass by certain items that you know dont fit, but now its different. You dont have to pass things by, because most of it fits...It will save you some money too, great job!!!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to shop in my closet! I have sizes between 12-18. I have about 8 cute suits for work that I will be able to wear one day. My hubby wants me to throw away the 18's... I'm between a 14 & 16 now. I could have thrown out my 16's this summer too. Ahhh well, I'm back on the wagon.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    That is great news!!! I recently filled a giant trash bag full of small tents(t shirts) and sent them to good will as well. Looking forward to filling more bags in the very near future!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!