Help with letting things go when people are rude

Options
Hi, One of my New Year's Resolutions is to not let things get to me when people are rude to me. I have always been more on the sensitive side so this is going to take some work to overcome.
Here is a list of things that I think may help me. Any advice is appreciated . Thank you in advance.
1. Write in a journal.
2. Walk away.
3. Look up positive quotes.

Replies

• goneforawhile
    goneforawhile Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Just realize you are better than them. If all they have to do is be rude to you, their life must be pretty lame!

I finally realized that no matter what someone says to me or how rude they are my life will go on, and I will succeed. That one negative interaction is so minuscule in the big picture of life.
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Get the book "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff".... :smile:
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    Get a " I dont give a *kitten* attitude":smokin:

And dont live in Miami :wink:
  • widebride
    Options
    4. This works too 1*ecAV55CecIfo_VRLAxEdIw.gif
  • ossentia
    ossentia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You are not defined by other people's shortcomings.

Most of the people I have met in my life who were rude, nasty, or just unpleasant to be around were/ are typically miserable people. I try to remember that when faced with an uncomfortable moment with one of these types of people. I remind myself of the good in my life and pity those who are so unhappy with their own.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Tonight in your journel write down three things that went well today/three positive things (big or small) and then why these things were good things (they made you smile, was good for humanity, whatever as long as it rings true). Repeat for at least one week.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    4. This works too 1*ecAV55CecIfo_VRLAxEdIw.gif

^this attitude always works for me. It is extremely liberating, :smile:
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am a very sensitive person too. I started taking things a little less seriously when I realized that people who are rude are over compensating for THEIR shortcomings. Rudeness is born of other negative feelings such as low self worth and/or jealousy. It is not worth my time getting hurt over someone who doesn't respect and love themselves enough.