Hi

Options
Thought I would introduce myself. I'm a recent refugee from WW Online. Did WW for 3 years and initially lost 40+ lbs. Over the last couple of years I have bounced between 220 and 210 (goal weight is 185). I don't blame WW for this, I need to really focus down and control my snacking to lose the last 20-30 or so pounds. But I left WW because it had already taught me to count intake and control portions, so I was paying $16/month for a website to log my food intake. Duh, I can do it here for free...

I am into triathlon (have done like 10+ sprints and a couple of Olympic events) and so activity is not my issue. I need to focus down on my snacking (almost all at night) hold myself accountable and frickin' do this once and for all.

Peace

Replies

• thorn777
    thorn777 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Lou
    I've been on here several times and keep quitting. I'm bound and determined to make it work this time!
    I'm down 19lbs but have roughly 50lbs to go. I have a very hard time with food and keeping up the food diary.
    I'm also very active, completed 11 half marathons last year alone, but looking to do a duathalon this year.
    The snacking at night also gets me into trouble! looking for ways to control it!
  • LouSmorals
    LouSmorals Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey Tracy. Yep, I didn't think my story was singular, nice to see a kindred spirit here. I have a half mary planned for the end of Feb, first triathlon in late April. Beyond the health/aesthetic aspects of weight loss, I know that getting smaller will make the training a heck of a lot easier and more enjoyable (if running can EVER be enjoyable).
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Late night snacking can be okay - if you have the right go to items. I always keep cucumbers, baby carrots, and celery on hand. Unfortunately due to work and my workout schedule, I am often working out late after work and getting home around 8pm. Whereas I have started dinner earlier for the family (slow cooker is my friend) I am not that hungry at night, especially after a hard core workout. So, I snack lightly. Make the right choices and it's not bad. Good luck. You can add me if you want. I log daily and have a great FL.
  • LouSmorals
    LouSmorals Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It is ALL about making better choices. No one ever got overweight eating watermelon. Carbs are my downfall, and peanut butter my ultimate weakness.