Android or iPhone?

Options

Replies

• CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what you like...but Android is my way of choice apple is too restrictive.
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I was a Blackberry lover...then switched to check out the IPhone... had it for 2 months and gave it to my son... Now have Samsung Galaxy and LOVE it!!!!

The IPhone doesn't even compmare IMO...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Been on iPhones since the beginning and just got my first Droid to try out till another upgrade rolls around. I have to say, I am indifferent. I don't really like the design of the Android OS but it works fine. Honestly, I just don't think it matters, but will hopefully be able to move back to iPhone (please have a bigger screen) when the 6 comes out.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I swore I'd never switch from Iphone to Android....and then I did it. I have never regretted it. I love my GS4 and would choose Android over Iphone any day. Go to the phone store and play with both, see which one has the features you like. What's good for one person isn't always best for the next.

Good luck!!
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I will stick to my android phone. Damn iphone/aol users!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    IMO it depends on what your preference. If all you want is to talk, text, web browse and not too tech savvy go iPhone. There is nothing better right out of the box for someone who is not familiar with mobile OS's.

If you have some semi tech saviness and want customization on how the OS feels / performs, go Android.

I am rockin the HTC One and running the Android 4.3 build with the 4.4 theme and really liking it. My previous devices were Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Galaxy S1, and iPhone 3GS and out of the iOS and Android OS's my preference is the Android for customization.

Battery life appears to be better on the Apple product but Android has larger displays... so again it just depends on what you are going for and how well you know mobile technology.

Just my $0.02
  • anabelpalomo
    anabelpalomo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've ALWAYS had an Android and just last week switched over and got an I phone 5S. I still haven't received it so I haven't had it in my hand yet to play with it and mess with it, but I'm very excited. I think for me it was the "look" of the phone that pushed me a little to switch to the I Phone. It just looks sooooo nice and it's an I Phone! Lol
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Plus, I run all my stuff all the time, so I love that the droid has a changable battery.

Not all Androids have removable batteries but if the Android device you choose has a removable battery picking up a spare is worth its weight in gold if you are on it a lot. Picked up one for both of my old Galaxy phones and they came in handy.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i hate this topic, just so you know - but I always seem to respond to it.

while it is true that an iphone is easier to use out of the box, it is not devoid of customization or computing power to do other thing to do things that are "tech savvy." And Androids are pretty simple too, you don't HAVE to do a ton of customization to either if you don't want to.

i don't get anything for selling a phone to anyone. so I am never one to advocate one over the other. I doesn't really matter to me which phone you get.

iPhone5, Note 3, LG G2, or Nexus 5 are the best phones on the market right now. Go to Best Buy, hold them, play with them, pick which one you like the most.
  • wvtracyann
    wvtracyann Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I always had androids and my last two were the samsung glaxy 3 and the galxy 4 I did like the 3 but was highly dissapointed in the 4 I just upgraded to the iphone5C and am really impressed it is very simple to use and and super fast. The only downfall I have found with the iphone is accesories cost more and they do not have the swype function. If this phone was to break today I would replace it with the same one :)
  • hanssonrickard
    Options
    Why let other people decide for you what to choose?

as wolverine66 says, go to a store and feel/test them out and pick the one you like.

Android vs IOS battling is just waste of time.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Android.... iPhones are for sheep
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

the irony in this statement drips like delicious maple syrup on a stack of fluffy pancakes
  • ezziriah
    ezziriah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have always had an iPhone or some sort of Apple product for the last 7 yrs. Now I don't have any beside my iMac and I miss my iPhone I Loathe my Samsung S3. I've dropped my iPhone soooo many times not the first dent or crack. Drop my S3 once and its cracked. I'm trying to use it til I get the money for something new but not sure 100% if I will go back to iPhone. We will see. Cause I'm buying a iPad in a few months so what would be the use of having an iPhone?
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Over 40 and never wanted an iPhone for reasons not relevant here. I've messed around with iPhones and such, so I'm familiar with them, but I had an Android based phone for years. However, I just switched to a Windows phone 6 months ago, and I love it. I've got a Nokia Lumia 928, and it's perfect for what I use my phone for (phone stuff, texting, work email, mfp when it is working, and secondarily I browse the internet when I need to).
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Agree with all those above that say, "try them in the store and choose the best one for you". Personally, I'm an Android user for personal use. I respect Apple and their products, especially their "eco-system"; however, I like flexibility and don't like being boxed in to one vendor/solution. That's why I'm also a Windows/Linux user.
    At work, they're still using BlackBerry, but have started early trials of iPads and iPhones for mobile users. I'm heartened to know that they're making a genuine effort to incorporate iOS in our Microsoft-favored environment even though it'd be much easier to use Windows-based phones/tablets. Time will tell which wins but I'd prefer either over the current "Crap-berry" existence.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

the irony in this statement drips like delicious maple syrup on a stack of fluffy pancakes

Sir; that. sounds. delicious.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Android.

Also, I like plastic screens. Just don't drop it in the toilet.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Home phone! :bigsmile: