Runners !

Options
So I stepped away from myfitnesspal to try to do it on my own, with the only success being that i gained 20#. So I am back. I ran my first half in several years in 2013 and am going to be running my first full Marathon October 2014!! Anyone else have any running goals for 2014?

Replies

• shelltherunner
    shelltherunner Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Rock and Roll half in March, the Hottest Half in August, and I am looking for a full to do in the fall.
  • acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I typically only run, but my 2014 goals are trying a sprint triathlon and I'm also doing the Ragnar Relay! My only NY Resolution was to try a new race barring injuries and those are definitely both new to me!
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    My goal for 2014 is to run at least 1 race of any distance every month. I am shooting for a half in September and I have already signed up for a Century Ride in June. My January race is on the 18th and it's looking to be pretty cold.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I sarted ParkRunning last year, and did my 30th run on New Year's Day! So one of my goals is to earn my 50 ParkRuns red T shirt.

And now that I can consistently run 5k in under 30 mins, I'd like to run a 10k in under an hour.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Rock n Roll AZ half in a couple weeks.
    Surf City half in 5 weeks.
    Orange County half in May.
    Fontana half in June.
    Long Beach half in October
    Rock n Roll Vegas FULL in Nov.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    To beat my personal bests/ a few milestones over the distances I have run before - 5k, 10k, 10 mile, half marathon and marathon. There are a few 5k and 10k races I have scheduled and I would like to break 19 minutes and 40 minutes respectively.

Yep. Parkruns all the way!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Full marathon on April 26th in Nashville. Probably should have planned my first on a less hilly course but should be a good time regardless.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Current goal is to run 4 half marathons (at least, debating on a 5th) and to hit 1K miles run/walked. And break 02:15:00 for the half marathon....first step is to break 02:25:00 in March.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Current goal is to run 10k under 45 min. Maybe around 32 min eventually. I have no interest in half or full marathons tho. Too boring. Maybe I will sign up for 10k mud run this year, will see.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I've got my first Tough Mudder in April, and I am planning on running my first half marathon later this year.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    running first half in March, wanted to run my second half in May but will not be able to make it out to Cali for that race. I have already signed up for another half in November. I have smaller races planned in between my two halfs.
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Running my first ever half in April!
    I'm still a little out of shape from having a baby a few months ago, but I'll be ready by April.
  • dwithbenefithfc
    Options
    to run as little as possible. haha :laugh: :laugh:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    My first full Marathon is this July, my second ever half marathon is MAY (part of the marathon training schedule)

I am currently in 3 running series.

Warrior Dash, Tough Mudder and I am currently registered for a spartan sprint and heaven help me, I'm probably going to attempt the spartan trifecta especially since this year one of each of them are within a reasonable distance..
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I worked my way through the C25K last year and, as someone who used to HATE running, I love it now! I did two 5k races last year, and will probably do several more this year. Also planning to do Warrior Dash at some point, and the Detroit Free Press half marathon in October. Not sure if I'll ever be interested in doing a full marathon - depends on how the half goes!
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get a half marathon PR (sub 2 hours!) in March or May this year.

After that, my goal is to take a bit of a distance running break and focus more on strength training and swimming for a bit. But I reeeeeeally want to hit my time goal first, dammit! I've run 4 half marathons and weirdly, my best time was my very first one--I want to actually improve!

#1 goal above all else: don't. get. injured.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Full marathon in Nashville on April 26. Wish me luck. First full!
  • aussiesarah
    aussiesarah Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on running 2 half marathons this year (my 7th and 8th) and hoping to finally get a PB of under 1:48 at some point!!

I've also started ParkRun recently and I'm aiming to beat 24mins for 5k.

Watch out 2014!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I'm still a little too big for full marathons, but at 5'9" and 225 lbs. I plan on running a 10k in less than an hour at the Christie Clinic in Illinois this April.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a half marathon on the 18th of this month. I'd like to beat my time since I did this one last year. I have another scheduled in February but I'm not sure I'll get to do that one. If not I'll schedule another half in the fall sometime.

I'm thinking about doing a full... but still not sure. If I decide to do a full it will be the LA marathon next year.