Water

Options
So with your exercise, what you burn in calories mfp gives you in addition to eat that day.
So my question is, if you exercise do you need additional water that day, or does the eight
glasses still cover your intake need.

Replies

• kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You know, I've never thought about that. Good question!!
    On the days I exercise, I tend to take in a lot more than 8 glasses of water anyway. After a tough workout, water is the best thing in the world!!
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    That a really good question. During your workout just make sure you take in your water and then judge how you feel during the day. You might need to add or maybe not.
  • mola71580
    Options
    I love water but I tend to run low anyway, so thirst isn't always a good indicator for me
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I always get 12 glasses of water, just for good measure.
  • DondeEstaMiCulo
    Options
    Without a doubt, 8 glasses is the MINIMUM. If you are exercising it could easily be twice that. Also keep in mind that during exercise your body uses and needs electrolytes, so drinking something like Gatorade will help to replenish that. The exact amount of water needed completely varies from person to person and with the type and intensity of your workout, but with exercise don't be shocked if you're drinking a gallon or more! On typical rest days, I usually drink about a gallon of water (give or take), and I can go up to about 2 gallons on my more intense exercise days. (1 gallon = 16 cups)

A couple other things to note: If you work out in the mornings, make sure to drink lots of water the night before. Don't overdo it, but make sure you are well-hydrated. We lose a lot of water during the night as we sleep, and if you exercise in the mornings you are probably already starting your day slightly dehydrated. Also, be sure to eat and hydrate yourself an hour before your workout.

~Brian