Best beer for calorie counting?

Options
What is the best brewski for calorie counting? OR is there a more suitable alcoholic beverage for the dieter. I'm so new at this, thanks for the help everyone.

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    haha! I was just thinking that myself! :drinker:
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Vodka and red whine are the "healthiest" choices.
  • jmo325
    jmo325 Posts: 57
    Options
    I usually stay away from beer just because it can add up so quickly. But if i do drink it, it's usually and Bud Select 55 (55calories) or a Mich Ultra/Miller Lite (both at 95 cal). My friend seems to prefer MGD 64, but i'm not into it. All of the good beers have way more calories... i miss them. Hope this helps.
  • forswearitssight
    forswearitssight Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Miller Lite and Bud Light are too too bad. Mich Ultra is always a good choice too (low carb). I've never tried MGD64, but my boyfriend says it's not too bad. You're always safe with any light beer.
  • iamanne
    Options
    Beer is quite high in calories, unless you drink a light beer like MGD light. It will kind of chick like but it doesn't have to be. Its a skinny girl cocktail. You can use what ever cocktail you like to drink and adapt it. The basic formula is as follows.

2 oz Liquor
    2 oz Club soda or seltzer
    2 oz of the thing that makes your drink tasty

For example- 2 oz vodka + 2 oz club soda + 2 oz cranberry juice + a squeeze of lime = cosmo

Far fewer calories than a usual mixed drink or even that drinking beer.

Maybe instead of skinny girl you could call them the ripped dude cocktails. Hope that helps.
  • jlacn3
    Options
    I LOVE Coors Light--a 12-ounce can is 102 calories.
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    MGD64? Can't handle it. Tastes terrible. So does Bud Select 55.There's just something about it. Plus, the alcohol content is less (hence less calories) and that kills the flavor. I guess it's like reducing the fat in food. That's the flavor!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    bud light lime is 110 cals i think. not as low as select 55, but it tastes pretty good.
  • diesel85
    diesel85 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I drink bud select 55. It basically tastes like water lol , which I was never really fond of beer anyways so it works out
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    alcohol slows the metabolism
  • navs52
    navs52 Posts: 40
    Options
    Bud Select Light is only 55 but it has 3.2 alcohol content so that doens't work for me. I go for the regular Bud Select it actually has more alcohol than normal bud light.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I usually drink sleeman clear (2.5g carbs, 90 cals). I've been wanting to try the other lower cal beers but haven't gotten around to it as I dont drink beer all that often.

I prefer mixed drinks - I go with vodka&diet tonic, or rum&diet coke...and I usually use a half ounce of alcohol instead of a full ounce, and I find it still has enough of the alcohol flavor, but half the calories.
  • MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    MGD 64 and Bud Select 55 = a waste of calorie piss water

Here's my philosophy. People drink beer for two reasons: they like the taste and they want to get drunk. Drinking these ultra light beers for the taste is a joke, because they taste watered down. No one drinks this beer for the taste. So they must be drinking beer to get drunk. Which is also a joke, because the way they cut down on the calorie content is by reducing the amount of sugar added, which also cuts down on the amount of alcohol produced. Which means that these ultra light beers are really 3.2 beers, which past experience tells me is near-impossible to drink fast enough to feel ANYTHING.

What I'm trying to say is, if you're going to drink a beer, drink a damn beer. If you don't want to drink a real beer, then don't waste the calories, because you won't get anything that's wonderful about beer anyway. Personally, I enjoy a Shock Top (168/12 oz) for something bright, Amber Bock (166/12 oz) for something dark, and Stella Artois (135/12 oz) if I'm a little low in calories for the day.

But that's just my $0.02.
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Here's my philosophy. People drink beer for two reasons: they like the taste and they want to get drunk. Drinking these ultra light beers for the taste is a joke, because they taste watered down. No one drinks this beer for the taste. So they must be drinking beer to get drunk. Which is also a joke, because the way they cut down on the calorie content is by reducing the amount of sugar added, which also cuts down on the amount of alcohol produced. Which means that these ultra light beers are really 3.2 beers, which past experience tells me is near-impossible to drink fast enough to feel ANYTHING.

What I'm trying to say is, if you're going to drink a beer, drink a damn beer. If you don't want to drink a real beer, then don't waste the calories, because you won't get anything that's wonderful about beer anyway. Personally, I enjoy a Shock Top (168/12 oz) for something bright, Amber Bock (166/12 oz) for something dark, and Stella Artois (135/12 oz) if I'm a little low in calories for the day.

I totally agree with you! LOL I feel like if you are going to drink beer just drink it and enjoy it!
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you're going to drink a beer, have a Sam Adams. Select 55 ultra is all high carb water.
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options

Imma have to give you an Amen. That's exactly how I feel about it. For a different taste, I go for Abita Purple Haze. Mmmm. It's 128 cal for 12 oz.
  • MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Imma have to give you an Amen. That's exactly how I feel about it. For a different taste, I go for Abita Purple Haze. Mmmm. It's 128 cal for 12 oz.

Woman after my own heart! Purple Haze is quite possibly the most perfect beverage ever created. Didn't realize it was a lower calorie beer, too!