getting started .. AGAIN

Options
So, during the holidays I went over the limit, fell off the wagon, etc .. Now I want to get back on track and I WILL, but I just wondered if any of you could recommend some specific way to start all over again? I seriously gained like 5 kilos, and I'm not sure whether I should just try to keep on going like I did before Christmas or if I should ease into it. How did you do, what is the best way?

Replies

• lkw0311
    lkw0311 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of us are in the same boat.
    Just find what worked for you before and do it..
  • tweetypixx
    tweetypixx Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel I gained quite a bit over the holiday period, it was when I finally got on the scales that I thought uh oh!!! That made me decide I had to start all over again. In total since I had stopped dieting 3 months ago I had gained 1 stone... I just downloaded the app and chose a start day. I just cracked on with it, didnt ease into it, thought it was best to throw myself in the deep end..

Good luck and you can do it...
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Balls to the wall - that's my strategy! Started w/my food diary & water intake today and then will begin my exercise regimen come Monday (need the weekend to put a plan in place)! No looking back! Good luck!!
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Why do I put in my weight lifting and it doesn't show any calories burned. After 40 minutes of lifting today, I'd think I would burn a calorie or two.
  • snufs
    snufs Posts: 78
    Options
    thank you for you encouragement! I guess you're right, you just have to suck it up and start somewhere again .. Even though it can be tough at first, I bet it will get a lot easier once you get the hang of it again!
  • snufs
    snufs Posts: 78
    Options
    Why do I put in my weight lifting and it doesn't show any calories burned. After 40 minutes of lifting today, I'd think I would burn a calorie or two.

do you mean when you put it in here on mfp? I know, I have no ide why it don't say how man calories you burn, 'cause you DO burn calories with strength training. I'm using a pulse watch and there I see how many calories I've burned. It just don't show here, maybe because it's even more individual than when doing cardio..
  • TommyJensen1987
    Options
    If you dropped weigh before then do exactly what you were doing.

I am sorta in the same boat as you, cept I gained (a lot) less.
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is what I mean, I put in all the weights I do, and it doesn't mark any calories burned at all. I feel cheated.