1200 calorie lower limit?

Options
I've been adjusting my goals as my weight drops and have changed job duties (changed to sedentary). I noticed that MFP no longer shows me targeted to lose 2.0 pounds per week, but 1.9.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Because 1200 calories is the lowest recommended amount of calories a person needs, and that usually applies to short/petite women. There also comes a point when having an aggressive goal is no longer needed. The closer to your goal you are, the less aggressive you should be, to prepare you for maintenance.
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Here too.. at 1200 I'm projected to loose 1.1/week. I ate 1700 something calories yesterday (I believe in cheat days) and it showed me as a gain. Kinda depressing! :) Oh well, it's the safer way to guess using sedentary and logging workouts I think. If you end up being a little more active it just works to your benefit. 1200 calories is fine.. hard to keep to sometimes while watching to make sure you reach certain minerals. It's temporary. I wouldn't want to eat anything less than that just to reach 2#'s/week... not worth it. I had a friend go on that HTC diet.. 500 calories a day. She dropped the weight.. very fast. About a year later she just all of a sudden gained it all back plus probably another 10. Gotta stick to something that is somewhat tied to reality once you loose the weight.