In California -> Looking to lose those last 5-10 lbs

Options
I've lost, I've gained, I've lost, I've gained....(sound familiar)? I can't seem to lose the last 5-10 lbs. I was recently diagnosed with workout induced asthma, but that doesn't stop me from working out 3 times a week. Yes, I have to use an inhaler, but that's ok.

I began my health and fitness journey when I was put on medication for high cholesterol. Needless to say, I had a really bad reaction to the mediciation, and it scared me. I decided to try to reduce my levels on my own. I was told by my Dr. that I should lose 10 pounds, and workout.....so, that's what I did. I lost 22 lbs, but have gained a few, so I've set a target for myself to lose 5 to 7 pounds. It's been so difficult for me.

Let's support one another on our fitness journey.
Best wishes to you all.

Replies

• dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    good luck! sounds like you're in a healthy range, so just keep that in mind; ) dl
  • carbonboy
    Options
    Welcome to the website. Yeah, those last 5 or 10 pounds can be the hardest, but if you make small changes and concentrate on long-term lifestyle changes you'll be fine. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. There seem to be a lot of cool people here.
  • Papucho
    Papucho Posts: 138
    Options
    Hi giggles I've also had asthma all my life and have done my best not to let it stop me. I have now run over fifteen marathons and one triathlon. I'm on daily meds and don't go anywhere without my inhaler. It's a struggle sometimes as I'm sure you know, but well worth it. Good luck, I'm sure you'll be successful.