Introduce myself

Options
:smile: I had lost 50 lbs before, and now I am weigh more than ever, even when I was pregnant. I need help & this site seems to have the tools to make it easier so I am hoping I can lose weight again before nasty health problems happen. I am watching the problems my parents have with diabetes, high blood pressure & heart failure and don't want my life to be a repeat of that.

Replies

• lkwilkey
    Options
    good for you. Take control....you can do this...
  • littlebigguy
    Options
    Hey, started my journey in February 2010, oh how my life had changed the last 4 years before. 2 kids in High School Sports, summber basketball leagues and tourney's, and then, my wife and I find out that she has breast cancer.
    The stress of work, traveling and watching my children-which I would do all over and my wife and family fighting the cancer disease, the weight just boomed.
    I have since, lost my loving wife in January, my parents health problems at the same age I am now, I decided that hey, YOU NEED TO BE AROUND FOR THE KIDS.
    So, February, I started by watching what i ate, lifting weights and trying to stay busy. The dieting that I was doing WORKED. Lost 50 pounds by August.
    I have held it off for 5 months, now wanting to drop back to my wrestling weight that I was at in High School, so here we go, PLUS I am trying to help some of my friends do the weight reducing themselves, so this is a easy coaching tool.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    We can support each other on this journey, no matter how long it takes because we didn't put this weight on overnight & it will not come off overnight either.
    There is a member on here who goes by the name The Phat Man. He weighs himself once a month (maybe you should too) so he isn't disappointed at the slow movement of the scale.
    He also has a wonderful blog going on titled THE PHAT MAN'S PHILOSOPHY OF DIETING & what he says really makes sense.
    Check out his blog & friend him, he'd be a great supporter on this journey to a new you.
  • autumnater
    autumnater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Girl...if I can survive all I have been through and to have found this site...I know I can do it and so can you! Stay focused and don't let anyone or thing get you down...keep going! My only son died almost 5 years ago...and food has...NO HAD... become my comfort....I too was just recently diagnosed with Diabetes Type 2...so there is hope that if the weight comes off...the Diabetes will go away! Stay positive and you'll find alot of support here. In 2 days I have found a ton of great advice...which is better than a ton of weight! New friends are Divine Appointments.....you now have another one in me!