Your best low-carb, high-protein "Go-to" recipe: GO!

Options
Here's mine:

Mariah's Super Spaghetti

- Steamed red cabbage (in thin slivers) as noodles;
- Sauce made with Yves veggie ground round, lots of veggies, and a low-sodium, low-sugar tomato sauce.

Would love to hear all of yours'!

Replies

• danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    24oz porterhouse cooked on the charcoal grill to rare
    nice big salad
  • DonnaJones7
    DonnaJones7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey stuffed tomatoes with lots of garlic & Parmesan cheese! Mmmm...

Or a big 'ol salmon steak!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Shredded pan-fried chicken breast (thin sliced while frozen) with italian seasoning and melted shredded cheese on it.

Or eggs. Always eggs... with cottage cheese mixed in.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    This morning for breakfast, we put a layer of ground turkey down in a cast iron skillet, then threw in 6 eggs, broccoli, 2 small shredded potatoes, and topped it with some cheese. Baked it for 20 minutes or so. Came to something like 450 cals, 36 grams of protein per each of the 4 servings and however many carbs from the potatoes. That was 3 hours ago and I'm still stuffed. :)
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    Shirataki "Miracle" Noodles, diced tomatoes, low fat cheese and diced chicken. Deeeeeeliciousssssss.

I also will eat a piece of chicken with some cottage cheese as a snack. Protein protein protein!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Today for lunch I will be having salmon with broccoli and some avacado :D
    Some others I like to have are coctel de camaron and chicken with veggies
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Yes to the porterhouse, add some shrimp, and take that other guy's salad with avocado and bacon. Hmmm....

I would like to add
    Spaghetti squash:
    First day cook it and use half as noodles in spaghetti
    Second day drain it REALLY well, mix in a can of salmon (or two cans of tuna), an egg, cheeses of your choice, bacon, green onions, garlic, smoke flavor, whatever else you want and fry the patties in the bacon grease. Even with all of the whole fat cheese and thick sliced bacon I use, the good sized patties are less than 300 calories a pop and taste like comfort food. The squash sorta tastes like hash browns in the patty. 19F/6C/25P

Lasagna with eggplant or zucchini instead of noodles (zucchini is better IMO). I use 1lb 93/7 beef, 2lb full fat ricotta, 1 lb cottage cheese, spinach, mushrooms, onion, sometimes grated carrot, lots of feta, parmesan, and mozzerella cheeses, low sugar spaghetti sauce, and herbs. Makes 8-10lbs of food! 425 cals for a huge plate of it. 24F/21C/32P

Meatloaf muffins. 93/7 beef, onion, finely chopped zucchini, carrot, or spinach, a small amount of panko, and egg to bind. Doctored up ketchup on top for frosting. These are about 130 cals. 3F/9C/16P

Man I need to get cooking...
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Here's mine:

Mariah's Super Spaghetti

- Sauce made with Yves veggie ground round, lots of veggies, and a low-sodium, low-sugar tomato sauce.

This sounds AWESOME!! Do you like the Yves ground round better than the morningstar?
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken parmagiana on top of homemade zuccini noodles sauted in garlic and olive oil and a salad.
  • iclark2012
    Options
    Since I don't do rice anymore, I've started doing stirfry with canned chicken

1 can of canned chicken
    an egg or two
    Olive oil (I use bacon grease for flavor)
    Low carb veggies of your choosing (I usually add different colored peppers)

Fry the chicken in a pan until it is broken down to approximately rice size bits and slightly browned. Add in vegetables and eggs, serve on its own or as a side to some beef.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Can of Tuna. Reminds me I haven't done that in a long long time. Thanks for the question.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Here's mine:

Mariah's Super Spaghetti

I couldn't touch that meatless meat stuff with a 10 foot pole. It contains soy and wheat and I can't have either.

My favorite low carb, high protein recipe is simple and easy.

Grilled medium grass fed rib eye steak with grass fed garlic butter melted on top and a big garden salad with home made ranch dressing.

Super YUM!
  • mariah_papaya
    mariah_papaya Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Lots of great ideas! Good luck :)
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Tagging...
  • malokitty
    Options
    "Lasagna" Sort of...

This meal has the flavor of Lasagna without all of the guilt.

- Spaghetti Squash
    - Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
    - Your favorite Spaghetti Sauce
    - All the veggies you want to add in. I use zucchini and mushrooms.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast with a lot of veggies.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    1. New York strip steak.
    2. 2 tablespoons butter.
    3. Salt, pepper