Hello, I'm New

Options
Hello,
I'm new to the site. I have about 25 lbs to loose. I'm going to see a counselor on Tuesday that may be able to shed some light on the reason I continue this battle with the bulge. I'll look forward to working with those skills and be happy to share them. I have lost 12 lbs on Dr. Bernstien but just could not handle the strict regiment. I have come off for a bit but may return soon. Any one else on Berstien?

Thanks
Lynn

Replies

• autumnater
    autumnater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried that one but did just about every thing else....this community of folks is wonderful,.I am already, just 2 days into it getting such support. We are in it together so hang in there. My only son died almost 5 years ago and food became my crutch over my loss....and my life....it was too comforting but hurting my health more and more each day. I was blinded by what it had done to me. I was just diagnosed with Diabetes too,.,,so that was my real wake up call....75 lbs...ADIOS! Thats the part of me that I want to see gone so the one I was purposed to be can shine through! Add me as a friend if you like.....
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I think therapy / counseling during weight loss is really, really helpful. I don't think I could have even started losing without my therapist and the work we did. Welcome and good luck!
  • Candypoetrygirl
    Candypoetrygirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    HELLO EVERYONE!

I used to be a skinny kid and was very active until I had my cycling accident - it was a really terrible accident whereby I had a cervical prolapse and I stopped cycling.
    I couldn't do what I loved and I just stopping doing any form of physical activity.
    I would love to be at a healthy weight and not be 'thetokenfatfriend'
    I love love LIFE and I am an extrovert by nature - I knew that I got overlooked by lots of drama companies because of my weight.
    Reaching my goal weight would force me to pursue my dreams as I feel I am holding myself back.
    I am taking responsibility for getting to this weight and I need to reclaim power over this.

there is an affirmation I keep on my desk it reads: I TAKE EXCELLENT CARE OF MY BODY AND I CRAVE ONLY HEALTHY FOOD AND BEVERAGES....I am believing this!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I think therapy / counseling during weight loss is really, really helpful. I don't think I could have even started losing without my therapist and the work we did. Welcome and good luck!

I personally think EVERYONE should have a therapist. LOL And, not in a glorified, California celebrity way!! I think it is soooo crucial to have that impartial voice in your life!

In between therapy, support systems like MFP are the glue that holds us together.

IMHO

Just sayin' LOL

:wink: :wink: :wink:
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm actually considering getting a therapist, not for the weight issue but because I'm newly separated from my husband of 19 years. I don't want to go through life being bitter after the divorce so I think its probably good for me to have that person to help me sort through my feelings.