How Often Do You Weigh Yourself?

Options
savannahribeiro
savannahribeiro Posts: 194 Member
Hey, everybody,

I am not sure if I am posting in the right category or not, but here is the question: How often do you hop on the scale? I've known some people to weigh themselves twice a day and some only twice a year.

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    If I go to the gym, once a week.
    Won't be going for a while, due to too many people. Not in the mood to fight for a machine.
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Daily
  • cholderer
    cholderer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself when I feel good or find that I'm looking smaller that day. My weight usually corresponds and if it doesn't it let's me know that I can be a specific weight and still look good. It also reaffirms my belief in building muscle. If I'm feeling terrible and bloated there isn't any use in weighing myself as I know the scale probably won't say what I want and it would make me feel worse. Which means eating my feelings. As long as you start noticing positive changes in how you feel and look, I don't believe that weighing yourself religiously (whether it be every day or on a set day) is the key.
    I personally feel a lot better when I weigh myself when I feel good and look good that day. Of you're bloated or just not feeling it, weighing yourself won't feel good especially if you're up a few pounds.

What you really should do is figure out what's right for you. I used to weigh myself religiously everyday because other people did it and it made me way to paranoid about my weight. I found that weighing myself when I felt good made me want to have good days and keep going.

No one way is right.
  • klwxx
    klwxx Posts: 39
    Options
    I usually weigh myself twice a day, but one of my resolutions is to just do it once a week, before I have my cheat day.
    Twice a day is madness, it's just a bad habit! :grumble:
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself M,W,F. Just to keep myself more accountable.
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Once a day, in the mornings. Sometimes in the evenings just out of curiosity, but the mornings are the ones I "count", with the understanding that it can fluctuate by a couple of pounds due to water, having worked out harder than normal, etc.
  • mscleo1115
    mscleo1115 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I weight lift so I'm not terribly interested in what the scale has to say so about once every two to three weeks.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Every time I go to the bathroom to make sure I am putting out the right "product".
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It keeps me focused and mindful of my goals. And I like to review my weight loss chart and observe patterns, which helps me not to get frustrated when I go awhile without a loss.
  • tastethis
    tastethis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Every morning! I use that weight to "check in" on here. I might weigh myself again that night, but that's just for curiosity purposes.
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    once a week
  • JayDavila
    JayDavila Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Every morning! I use that weight to "check in" on here. I might weigh myself again that night, but that's just for curiosity purposes.

^^^ Same, I usually weigh in every day in the morning but usually for curiosity. I'm more concerned with measurements. Keep track of the weight is good for every now and then so long as it doesnt consume you and your goals in my opinion
  • MechanicalCritter
    MechanicalCritter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a day, in the morning before I eat and after I pee. I do it naked. I am currently trying to lose weight (not maintaining like some of the other replies). I know that isn't really recommended for weight loss because people tend to get caught up in the numbers too much and not the changes being made in lifestyle. I like it because I get to see the little line on my progress report going mildly up and down when it varies every day (between a few ounces heavier or lighter to a pound or so), as well as an overall trend going downward. It's reassuring to see that while TODAY I might be up a pound and I log in and mark it, I can see that I am 20 pounds lighter than two months ago. It works for me.