NSV- other peoples perception

Options
bobbijodmb
bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
This week has been an interesting one in regards to NSV!

I have had several people ask me why I am continuing to try to lose weight because I look great. They are astonished and quite confused when I tell them that I want to lose 39 more lbs.

MY goal is to be 'average/normal weight' - I hate the BMI calculator, because according to that damn scale, I am 4 lbs away from being 'overweight' which I will take because I have been morbidly obese. I am quite open about my weightloss, so when the people have told me I have no weight to lose, I am nice and let them know that I am still considered obese and want that off my record ha ha.

SO my NSV is that no matter what the scale says, no matter what I see, no matter what that BMI calculator says-- other people don't see me that way and I need to get better at measuring those victories =)

Replies

• fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Very well put... I think that we often lose sight of out NSV! Your doing an awesome job, keep it up!
  • autumnwater
    autumnwater Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Glad you had a good week! Sounds like other peoples' changed perception has helped you change your self-perception

I think the biggest NSV is ultimate self-acceptance, which is affected by how others see us but not entirely defined by it. When I know I can love myself at any age, weight, income level, state of mind, and so on I will have found the inner peace I am looking for
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!