Holiday weight gain :(

Options
Over the holidays I really slacked off, ate to much and didn't exercise. I gained back almost all the weight I'd lost in a few weeks and I'm feeling really disappointed in myself. I'm also discouraged by how easy it was for the weight to creep back on. I guess im just looking for a little encouragement and support.

Replies

• spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat I lost to 140 this summer and now back to 152. Basically slowly started over indulging here and there and BAM it was back on. I decided its time to get real and we need to learn moderation is key and not to stuff ourselves (at least in my case) it will come back off now that life is getting back to normal. You are not alone in this keep your head up and realize it will come off again and lesson learned :)
  • esai465
    esai465 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you guys. In the last few weeks, I managed to put on about 7 lbs that I worked really hard to take off the few months before that. It is discouraging to feel like all that work was for nothing but the bright side is that if I hadn't lost it the first time around, I'd be up 14 instead right now!

It is a tough thing to regain weight. When I was behaving badly this last month or so, I felt really disappointed in myself and really concerned that I was on a downward spiral. Good to be back on track and realize the battle is not lost. Best to come to grips with the reality and work on losing what you've gained and not let it mess with your head, as a positive attitude is the way to lose the weight!

In my experience (of yo-yoing constantly over the years), it seems like if you try to take the weight off quickly, it's easier than when it's had time to settle. I doubt there's any science to it, but it's a good excuse for me to hop to it!

Good luck to everyone in their journey!!
  • cyngorman
    cyngorman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ugh! IT SUCKS. I have lost about 20 lbs and gained back 8 since Thanksgiving. Not Happy! I am having a really hard time getting back on track, I am finally at a point where I recognize that when I am stressed or emotional, I crave COMFORT FOOD! I overindulge on Carbs and sweets. Plenty of those around during the holidays. I guess I thought since I lost some weight that I was strong enough not to indulge. But I realize now that I really am still not strong enough to be around so much food or say to myself "it's ok it's the holidays." I am trying to find ways to understand its not my body craving these things but my mind. Would be great if I can figure it out sooner then later :(
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    I'm with you guys, and I'm just focussing on what I have accomplished, and moving forward. It's a process, it's life, it's not one magic number. It's also depressing, I get it.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Whenever I am feeling a little down over a bad day, I always look back at this

35536284530034962_Z9JEwOU0_c.jpg[/URL]

Don't fret! You'll get back into the swing of things! Instead of focusing on how far you have to go, focus on how awesome you are for taking control again!