New Years resolution for 2013 worked!

Options
[img]http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae128/liagiba1977/Weight loss/299eb4ba-6173-4f0b-8bd6-47f6c28d3a9f_zps437a26b0.jpg[/img]

I started last January 2, 2013 my resolution to lose 70 pounds. I lost only 50 because I am not good at keeping a diet. I will continue this year and I am working on keeping to my diet goals, fingers crossed. Only 20 more to go! I started as size 18, I am a size 10. I was 219 lb, I am now 169. My advice: only exercise and diet work, no magic pills. Don't give up because of one ( or a couple) bad days, keep going!

Replies

• Southernsass38
    Southernsass38 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB. Did you exercise everyday? what was your routine?
  • liagiba1977
    liagiba1977 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the compliment.
    I started every day on January, I couldn't handle more than 30 min walking on treadmill. By March, I was "jogging" on treadmill for 25 min, and elliptical for 30. I did either zumba for 45 min or elliptical/ treadmill for 55 min. By June, I was doing Zumba for 60 or treadmill for 60 min. I stop exercising in August and September because I was having lots of knee pain, plus my job got very stressful and I was working from 7am- 9pm.
    I got an elliptical and replaced the treadmill, and gradually started all over again October, as much as my job allowed me to do it. I am almost back to 60 min of elliptical, 60 min of zumba. ( i alternate, one day zumba, one day elliptical).
    I also do dumbbells of 8 lb for arms every other day, and abs every other day.
    It's a lot of hard work, but it has to be done. I could have reached my goal if it wasn't for putting myself in a hiatus. I regret it. I am putting my work in perspective and I am not going to spend so many hours on it anymore. That's part of my new year's resolution" family and I first, then job. :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!