2014 is my year...

Options
Hi, I'm Maddy and I've come here to change my life.

I want to make 2014 my year. I have tried different several times eating healthy and exercising but each time I fell of the wagon mid-way. And I always gained the weight back, plus a few extra. So I am starting again, and just go “day by day”. My current weight is 97 kg / 213.4 lbs and my first goal is 89 kg / 195.8. And my objective is to reach it by the end of February. A kilo (2.5 lbs) a week is achievable, especially in the beginning.
Since I haven’t exercised in a while, I’m going to start with 20 min of stationary bike for the first week. Afterwards, I’ll increase my time and speed. As to food – I’ll follow a personalized diet given by a nutritionist.

I’m looking for motivated friends who are serious about weight loss and can give me advice along the way. Because, I’m like the rabbit who gets sidetracked from the goal and loses the race… I would love to read any advice on how to avoid this!!!

Replies

• Emyliewhitfield
    Options
    Hey! im the same way! haha we should efinetly motivate each other this year. I started out at around 220 and got dwn to 165 this year, but now im up at 175 again and havent been able to find the motivation to go to the gym for the past few months. But it's a new year and a new beggining, My goal is to lose 30lb's by late march/early april.
  • maddy_smiles
    maddy_smiles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for posting back! :)

As you said – new year, new beginning…
  • leannebull65
    Options
    Hello,

I'm very similar in the fact that I do fad diets, however this time I'm determined to make the most of it. I also note that we are around the same weight, all be it a few pounds. I'm 216 lbs at the minute and have a similar type of objective. It maybe fun and helpful to have a bit of a weight lose race/ challenge if you fancy it? May keep us both going with a bit of banter along the way.