30 this year

Options
Hello everyone

Well what to tell you about me. My name is Leanne and I'm a 29 year old married mother of 2. My children are only 4 and 3 and since having my 3 year old my weight has gone up and up. I was never thin, I was always over weight even as a child. I used to raid the fridge for chocolate and eat loads and loads of rubbish and as for exercise I used to play football but that was 8 years ago now. I struggled with my second son when he was a baby as he suffered a lot with reflux and it took months for doctors to take us seriously and I got pretty down with the fact that he was always miserable and would not settle. I was so down and being down I ate more and more rubbish, and i had hardly anytime with a toddler and a baby like him so I ate what I could when I could so mainly crisps and chocolate. By the time he was better I had brought new clothes and and my weight just continued to expand, probably due to the fact that I hated the way I looked anyway so didn't worry too much about eating rubbish.

I've had a few fad attempts at dieting however this time I have a goal. I don't like my photo being taken as I'm fat, what I want to do is have a nice family photo including me this time on my 30th birthday in March. So my goal is to lose as much as I can before then and actually keep under my calorie goal right up to the 15th of March 2014. The 16th is my Birthday but I intend to have a birthday blow out.

So far I have been on my diet since new years eve. I have kept in my calorie guideline and started doing a bit of exercise as well as drinking buckets of water.

It would be nice to have some friends to motivate me and vice versa who are in a similar situation. if anyone out there is interested then let me know.

I'm now 15st 6lb and my ideal weight is 11st 6lbs so 4 stone to go. Bring it on.

Thank you all

Leanne

Replies

• usedtobehot2
    Options
    I am 29, married. We will be doing artificial insemination next month as my husband is a cancer survivor (infertility). I have put on about 30 pounds since our wedding, but I was looking like a model then (1.5 years ago). It took me a year to get to that point and a month to flab back up again. In the past six months I have put on about 15-20 pounds since I got a desk job, before that I worked in a lab and walked ~3 miles a day (per pedometer). I hated it, but it kept me moving. (I will say that the past year has been very stressful with my husband's cancer, etc so I really should be going easier on myself, it has been a very rocky and inconsistent 2012 and 2013).

I spent the month of December and most of November counting calories and upping my fitness, I'm really into yoga. I had been taking Garcinia Cambogia for the past two months, with no real change in weight. I'm convinced that a lot of my weight is muscle since I've been lifting weights since I got in shape for the wedding. I joined MFP to better count my calories, and sodium, etc. and get serious about being healthy, not just trying to be skinny. I think I look alright, except my clothes are very tight and if I ran into an ex he'd have a field day going off on my weight gain, me face is even fat now!

I have a hip alignment issue that disallows me from doing certain exercises, thus my commitment to yoga. But I do very vigorous yoga and in heat so I'm not sure that is best for trying to conceive. I recently starting going to the gym to do elliptical, but I hate it and it doesn't happen often.

My husband is big into fitness and hiking an skiing, and I have quite a low threshold for distances due to my hip. He complains that he put on 8 pounds and I think he could use some more, but if he wants to be scrawny....

I just want to feel good and get pregnant and then got hot again with all of the breast feeding and toddler chasing. Most of my friends have had their kids and already back to skinny college size.

Let's do this! I am a mom at heart and with luck will soon be a mom in body as well.

Amy