Any mom's who work full-time desk jobs?

Options
Hi there,
I've used my fitness a few times, but ultimately have gotten off track. Usually due to stress of working, husband's travel, and the little one. I would love to start a group for mom's who work full-time. I gained even more weight this December and I am determined to loose it. Anyone want to start a little working mom's group?

Take care,
Sarah

Replies

• jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah--

I work 50 hours a week...and yes its a desk job! I have a 4 year old. Feel free to add me and let me know about a group!

Jill
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Me!!! Would love a mom group
  • smkean
    smkean Posts: 132
    Options
    Hey, I'm a single mum of one, full time employed. I'm up for a mum group
  • minjosco
    Options
    COUNT ME IN! I work for a company but work from home 4 out of 5 days a week - and usually some time on weekends. I have 3 kids (13, 16, 18) and I also work 50+ hours a week. I'm lucky to get 2,000 steps in a weekday. It feels impossible to get 10,000 a day. My sister does 10,000 but she's a teacher and on her feet all day and walks her dog 2x a day too. And she has an elliptical machine she does to get in any steps she's short of 10,000 for the day. Knowing that - I KNOW I can't get in 10,000. Really need to find out what others are doing in our situation where we sit all day.

Also I literally only get up to pee and get a fresh cup of coffee - I don't even eat hardly at all during the day. Sometimes my kids get home from school at 2:30 and I realize I've had nothing to eat, just a pot of coffee! LOL I HATE to eat in the morning - and that's bad. I'd like to know if any of you working from home have issues like that and what you do........
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    HI!!! I have a full time desk job with two kids both girls age 6 and 4... on top of that I'm a girl scout troop leader with the stress of cookie season coming up starting next weekend...
  • jillmarie125
    Options
    Ok I just created a group. Not sure how to post the link...but its called Working Moms 2014. I will send out invites to everyone.
  • kerbyd13
    kerbyd13 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would love an invite... as i type this from my desk at work! i have a 5 year old and a almost 2 year old.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    48, mom of two ages 4 and 6. Husband/house, etc. full time job and part time business. all sitting on my rear. I'm IN.
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I work full time, attend school part-time, and take care of my family.1 big kid 41 and 1 little kid 4.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I've found this group to be really helpful: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/972-mom-on-a-mission
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I would be interested. I work full time, have boys ages 5 and 2.5. It is always good to have other mom's to commiserate with!
  • carmendalila1
    carmendalila1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in too please. I work a desk job and commute for 1.5 hours a day. It feels like all i do is sit on my butt. I would love a group to help motivate me to move more!
  • elisamtz09
    Options
    Count me in, work 42 hours a week, as a receptionist, school part time (just a class away from full time) & have a four year old son who is in Jr.T-Ball and takes up a lot of time (practice & games) & last but not least a wife! But it would be awesome to be part of the group and support each other! Thanks
  • elisamtz09
    Options
    Could you send me an invite please? Thanks!
  • jillmarie125
    Options
    sent out invites to everyone above/ :)
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Add me Jill! I have a 13 month old, a 13 year old... and a 18 year old (already out of the house). All boys... Lord help me. :tongue: I work a desk job and manage to go to the gym on Tues and Thurs on my lunch break.
  • jillmarie125
    Options
    but you like Tom Brady.... i just CANT DO IT!!!!! Just kidding. I was just going thru my friends list and thought of you! :)
  • ShelleyTurgeon
    ShelleyTurgeon Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I too am a desk jockey.. with my new job ( i started a year and a half ago) I gained 40 lbs ... id love to join a group! Add me as a friend :)
  • Steeners
    Options
    Add me please! Work full time sitting at a desk alllll day with 2 kids--a 2 year old and 10-month-old. Need to lose 100 pounds!
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Single mother of 3 working full time here