Any mom's who work full-time desk jobs?

Hi there,
I've used my fitness a few times, but ultimately have gotten off track. Usually due to stress of working, husband's travel, and the little one. I would love to start a group for mom's who work full-time. I gained even more weight this December and I am determined to loose it. Anyone want to start a little working mom's group?

Take care,
Sarah

Replies

• jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Hi Sarah--

I work 50 hours a week...and yes its a desk job! I have a 4 year old. Feel free to add me and let me know about a group!

Jill
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Me!!! Would love a mom group
  • smkean
    smkean Posts: 132
    Hey, I'm a single mum of one, full time employed. I'm up for a mum group
  • COUNT ME IN! I work for a company but work from home 4 out of 5 days a week - and usually some time on weekends. I have 3 kids (13, 16, 18) and I also work 50+ hours a week. I'm lucky to get 2,000 steps in a weekday. It feels impossible to get 10,000 a day. My sister does 10,000 but she's a teacher and on her feet all day and walks her dog 2x a day too. And she has an elliptical machine she does to get in any steps she's short of 10,000 for the day. Knowing that - I KNOW I can't get in 10,000. Really need to find out what others are doing in our situation where we sit all day.

Also I literally only get up to pee and get a fresh cup of coffee - I don't even eat hardly at all during the day. Sometimes my kids get home from school at 2:30 and I realize I've had nothing to eat, just a pot of coffee! LOL I HATE to eat in the morning - and that's bad. I'd like to know if any of you working from home have issues like that and what you do........
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    HI!!! I have a full time desk job with two kids both girls age 6 and 4... on top of that I'm a girl scout troop leader with the stress of cookie season coming up starting next weekend...
  • jillmarie125
    Ok I just created a group. Not sure how to post the link...but its called Working Moms 2014. I will send out invites to everyone.
  • kerbyd13
    kerbyd13 Posts: 46 Member
    I would love an invite... as i type this from my desk at work! i have a 5 year old and a almost 2 year old.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    48, mom of two ages 4 and 6. Husband/house, etc. full time job and part time business. all sitting on my rear. I'm IN.
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Feel free to add me too. I work full time, attend school part-time, and take care of my family.1 big kid 41 and 1 little kid 4.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    I've found this group to be really helpful: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/972-mom-on-a-mission
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    I would be interested. I work full time, have boys ages 5 and 2.5. It is always good to have other mom's to commiserate with!
  • carmendalila1
    carmendalila1 Posts: 1 Member
    Count me in too please. I work a desk job and commute for 1.5 hours a day. It feels like all i do is sit on my butt. I would love a group to help motivate me to move more!
  • Count me in, work 42 hours a week, as a receptionist, school part time (just a class away from full time) & have a four year old son who is in Jr.T-Ball and takes up a lot of time (practice & games) & last but not least a wife! But it would be awesome to be part of the group and support each other! Thanks
  • Could you send me an invite please? Thanks!
  • jillmarie125
    sent out invites to everyone above/ :)
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Add me Jill! I have a 13 month old, a 13 year old... and a 18 year old (already out of the house). All boys... Lord help me. :tongue: I work a desk job and manage to go to the gym on Tues and Thurs on my lunch break.
  • jillmarie125
    but you like Tom Brady.... i just CANT DO IT!!!!! Just kidding. I was just going thru my friends list and thought of you! :)
  • ShelleyTurgeon
    ShelleyTurgeon Posts: 95 Member
    I too am a desk jockey.. with my new job ( i started a year and a half ago) I gained 40 lbs ... id love to join a group! Add me as a friend :)
  • Add me please! Work full time sitting at a desk alllll day with 2 kids--a 2 year old and 10-month-old. Need to lose 100 pounds!
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Single mother of 3 working full time here
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    I would love to join in! I work a full time desk job and have two little boys. 5 & 8. They are a handful, but wouldn't trade them for the world!
  • Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    Would love to be part of a group of such highly motivated (in many ways) great women! I'm 37, work in corporate finance, and a single mom of 3 kids (14, 9 & 4) whom I have the majority of the time. Everyone's lives are busy in different ways, so think it would be a great group to get motivation and creative ideas from! Would love friend request!
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 302 Member
    With a 7 year old, 2 year old, full time career and grad school I am totally on board! Need new friends to keep this aspect of my life in focus and would love to lend and receive support!
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    I'd love an invite to your group and if anyone wants to add me:) I'm 38, recently remarried, full time desk job with a 2 hour daily commute, and i have 2 sons 11 and 14 and a step daughter and son 7 and 9. I always make time to cook healthy meals for my family, and I ride my bike every chance I get.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Not looking to join a group or add friends, just wanted to say that it is possible to get into amazing shape with kids and a desk job.

I'm a single mom of two boys (ages 4 and 5). I work a full time desk job and I was going to school for the first two years I was working on losing weight. I've managed to not only lose weight, but compete as a natural bodybuilder. You can achieve anything you set your mind to.
  • 1findlay
    1findlay Posts: 6 Member
    Count me in :)

I am a full time working mum (desk job) also studying part time MBA, so have limited time to go to gym but have still managed to loose and track weight loss via MFP.

Look forward to sharing and receiving tips and stories x
  • jillmarie125
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18471-working-moms-2014

Ok- I hope this link works. I am not the best when it comes to computers!! I have tried to send an invite to everyone who asked for one. However ..somet are showing up invalid user name. i doubled check my spelling and it was correct...so I am a loss on why that happened.
  • loricap
    loricap Posts: 23 Member
    Count me in. I work a full time desk job with a 2 hour commute on both ends of the day. I have 3 kids. 25, 22 and 11. Only the 11 yr old is home full time. I can use a good supportive group.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Working mom...at a desk with a 7 and 9 yr old. ...Please sign me up.
  • OK I would like to be added (I will also try your link). Full time desk job. Run my own business in my spare time (LOL), mother of three girls, 9, 5 and 3.