Runners !

Options
2»

Replies

• FiftyandGettingBetter
    Options
    So I stepped away from myfitnesspal to try to do it on my own, with the only success being that i gained 20#. So I am back. I ran my first half in several years in 2013 and am going to be running my first full Marathon October 2014!! Anyone else have any running goals for 2014?

My goals, number one is to keep running. I just started in Oct of '13. Have done two 5k's and now training for my first half in March of this year. Not bad for an old man. lol
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    In 2013 I set a goal of doing one official race every month and ended the year with one Half Marathon, three 10ks, two 4 Milers, nine 5ks and a Warrior Dash. I won't be doing as many races this year, but will go back to some of the local ones I found through last year's goal that I really liked (like the one that had both French toast sticks and breakfast burritos at the finish!).

This year I am doing the Glass Slipper Challenge at WDW (10k Saturday and Half on Sunday) and I want to get a Full Marathon Relay team together for the Marathon of the Palm Beaches in December as a relay will be the only way I will ever be involved in completing a full marathon!

Most of all I want to learn how to run properly. Currently I am at about a 12 mm pace for my races, but I run and walk them. After my Disney weekend in February, I am going to start over with C25K and then the B210K and learn how to actually run the whole distance. 60 pounds ago, I told myself that a run/walk combo was all I was capable of. Now I think I capable of more!

Oh and I signed up for a duathlon in June!

Good luck to everyone with their goals! :drinker:
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for 3 spring Half Marathons:

Rock n Roll USA (in DC) in March
    Carmel (Indiana) in April
    Indy Mini in May

I am debating on whether to do a local race in June. I will probably cave and do it.

I have not even begun to plan any fall races but I am sure that there will be some. If my doctor gives me the go ahead to begin baby making, my husband and I will keep our race schedule local this fall due to financial and pregnancy concerns. If my doctor still wants me to wait, I will cry and plan a half in someplace fun as a consolation.
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm already signed up for a 10 miler in April. Goal is 90 minutes.

As of now... that's my only goal. Maybe I'll do another half with a goal of 2:00 (did my first without really training for it this fall and finished in about 2:18).
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    The only race that I have on my schedule is the Litchfield Hills Road Race in June. My husband and I do it every year. Last year was the worst run I have ever had. I had foot issues and had to constantly stop and walk. This year I plan on training for it and have a goal in mind for time.

I might look up some 5 or 10k's to do but not sure yet. I enjoy running but I don't enjoy training for events.
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    Started running March or 2013. Did several 5k's last year as well as a mud run. Planning for several 5k's this year as well. I'm registered for a 10k in May and might register for a 10 mile drop in June.

This years goal is to complete a 10k (running the whole thing)
    Next year it will be a half.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    So far the only thing on my schedule for this year is my first half marathon in September. I'm playing around with the idea of a few other races but haven't decided on anything yet!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    10K on April 27. :)
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    My first 10K will be the UAH 10K in Huntsville AL on March 2nd.
    My first half marathon will be the Bridge Street Half Marathon also in Huntsville on April 13th.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome back!!

I really slacked off on running last year Did ok in the beginning, even made some major improvements in distance but the temps raised quickly and I just couldn't get myself moving in the morning to avoid the heat like I'd done the previous years. Went out a few times but just wasn't feelin' it (as the kids say). Excuses, excuses excuses! Anyway, I'd like to get back into it this year and see if maybe I can do a 10k by the fall. As a matter of fact, today was the first day back on the treadmill doing walk/run intervals!

Really looking forward to the spring already because I HATE running on the treadmill. I seriously start to lose my mind if I try doing more than a mile at a time - something about the confinement and constant pace disturbs me deeply. LOL!
  • tjfharo
    Options
    The EXACT same thing happened to me! Thought I had the hang of things, but turns out I do better with daily accountability! We can do it!!!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I had planned to do 2 marathons this year but I decided (literally yesterday) that I'm going to run my first ultra as well! There's a 50k in May and a 12 hour one in September, so I'm still deciding. I never thought I'd be looking at ultramarathons a year after I started running :laugh:
  • tjfharo
    Options
    I have only done a half and a few smaller races. I need to get back on the running train!!!! Love the idea of an Ultra! I always forget about those!
  • DeputySox
    Options
    Half marathon #4 in June!
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up for my first half in Cleveland on May 18th! I'm a little nervous, but hoping it'll prep me for the women's half in Nashville in September (used to live in Nashville, but couldn't bear to make my first half in such a hilly local. Though surprisingly Cleveland’s course can be pretty hilly too, especially down by the lake).
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Boston Marathon. April 21, 2014.
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    5 Miler next weekend
    10 mile race in February
    8.1 mile in March
    my first half marathon in June

and then hopefully some others after that =)
  • Stoicus
    Stoicus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fast runner but I find race goals motivate me; I have a full year ahead of me!!

Silverstone half (march)
    Colchester half (march)
    London marathon (April)
    Locall 4 race 5k series (may, June, July, august)
    Spartan Sprint (August)
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Boston Marathon. April 21, 2014.

Kick *kitten*!
  • webutmirrortheworld
    Options
    I want to run my first half marathon in May. I would not consider myself a runner or in good shape right now, but I have a plan and hopefully can keep up with it.