need help

Options
:sad: I really need help this year to loose about 20kgs I am turning 50 in April and I want to look good can anyone help me with surport and guidance to reach my goals

Replies

• Filatina
    Filatina Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the best advice I can give is to set small goals and use this site as your tool! Log your intake everyday and set small realistic goals. I wanted to lose 50 lbs (about 22 kgs) in one year, but it took me about a year and a half. I was not disappointed... Weight loss requires a lot of patience. It will not just happen overnight!

So... 20 kgs (44 lbs) divided by 12 months = 1.6 kgs (or 3.5 lbs) per month...

Then that means your goal should be about 1 lb per week.

Set your goal on this site and activity level and it will help provide you with how many calories you can consume a day. Easy peasy :) Start cutting out bad things slowly... like fast food and flavored beverages. Drink water! When you feel up for it... start exercising... What motivated me in this area was my Fitbit (daily step tracker/pedometer that syncs to this website)

Choose one weigh in day per week and take progress pics! When I took my before pics I fully intended to change! I was setting myself up for success!!!!

Anyway, those are the main pointers I got! I am so proud of you for just taking this first step!!! Lots of good vibes your way my new fitness pal! :heart:
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi Rita, I would love to lose around 20kg this year too... but mostly going off how i look and feel!