Very easy 5-6 ingredients or less recipes?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Not only crockpot so making a new thread!

I'm a lazy cook and frankly long ingredient lists just scare me off. I love skinnytaste but the recipes just seem like way too much work (although I've tried a few).

Does anyone have some very easy few ingredients recipes to share?

A couple examples

Chicken curry

2-3 chicken breasts
One small container of sour cream (whatever fat content you like)
Chili powder
Rice

Cut 2 or 3 chicken breasts in small bites, pan fry them (don't need anything else really), when mostly cooked add low fat or fat free sour cream (as much as you want, depending on how much sauce you like) and chili powder until the color is a rich yellow and let simmer for 5-10 minutes until the sour cream thickens. Then serve over rice.

Shepherd's pie

1 lb ground beef (95% works fine)
1 cup of frozen peas
5 medium potatoes
Sour cream (whatever fat content you like) or milk, whatever you use for mashed potatoes
Tomato sauce or tomato paste
2oz of shredded swiss cheese (optional)

Pan broil the beef, when cooked add a couple tablespoons of tomato sauce or tomato paste (add water to dilute it if using paste) and mix well until the tomato is absorbed in the beef.
Boil the potatoes and mash them (typically I just mix them with milk or sour cream, but you can add butter too)
Layer some of the mashed potatoes in a 8x8 dish, then add the meat, then frozen peas (enough to cover your dish), then more potatoes, then swiss cheese if you like
Bake at 450 until the top is brown
Makes about 4 servings at about 450 calories a serving (with cheese).

Replies

• GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Following because I am a very lazy cook as well.
  • Alexandria1213
    Alexandria1213 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Black Bean Burger
    Can of Black Beans
    Onion
    Garlic
    Green Peppers
    Flour

and bake @ 350 for twenty minutes
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to the answers!

Chicken breasts (even the frozen bag kind work well)
    Can/jar/tub of your favorite salsa
    Optional: zucchini, carrots, or other vegetables in bite size chunks
    Put in crock pot on low for 6 hours

serve over rice (preferably made with the juice from the crockpot)
    Add rice, refried beans, and cheese to make a great burrito filling
    Also good on salad
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Francl27
    Options
    Black Bean Burger
    Can of Black Beans
    Onion
    Garlic
    Green Peppers
    Flour

and bake @ 350 for twenty minutes

Sounds delicious!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I just made some chicken pot pie filling (well, I made the shells too, but the filling is amazing!!)

Chicken Pot Pie Filling (serves about 16 mini pies -muffin tin sized-)

2 cups chicken broth (home made)
    2 large carrots cut into small cubes
    2 medium potatoes, cut into small cubes
    1/2 cup frozen peas
    150g cooked chicken (i used the leftover thighs) cut into small pieces
    1/4 cup flour mixed in 3/4 cup milk
    Seasonings of your choice

Put the broth in a sauce pan, add seasonings (today I used garlic powder, chilies, black pepper and a splash of Worcestershire sauce) bring just to a boil, add carrots, reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add potatoes, continue simmering. When potatoes and carrots are cooked, add peas and simmer for no more than 5 minutes. Add chicken, again, wait until heated through. Mix the milk and the flour together until combined, and pour into the sauce pan. Mix, remove from heat, let stand until thickened.

Add to shells, or have it as a deconstructed pot pie!
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    bump -- you can never have enough quick recipes :) thanks for posting
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I just made some chicken pot pie filling (well, I made the shells too, but the filling is amazing!!)

1/2 cup frozen peas

Put the broth in a sauce pan, add seasonings (today I used garlic powder, chilies, black pepper and a splash of Worcestershire sauce) bring just to a boil, add carrots, reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add potatoes, continue simmering. When potatoes and carrots are cooked, add peas and simmer for no more than 5 minutes. Add chicken, again, wait until heated through. Mix the milk and the flour together until combined, and pour into the sauce pan. Mix, remove from heat, let stand until thickened.

I do a similar lazy pot pie. Basically, you take a can of canned chicken, whatever frozen veggies you like, a can of "cream of" soup (whatever kind you like, we typically get low-sodium version). Mix all these together in oven-safe pie plate. Make a cup of Bisquick (or similar box mix) batter and pour over top. Bake on 350 for about 30 min. or until golden brown on top. :smile:

If you really WANT to use your own chicken...make your own batter...etc. to trim calories here and there you can...but it's not nearly as "lazy" then (and I'm not a "clean" eater :laugh: )
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Moroccan Style Chicken Stew

Chicken breasts cubed
    Can of diced tomatoes
    half a can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
    Dried apricots
    Spices( cinnamon, paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, ginger)
    Onions, garlic and peppers

Saute an onion and your choice of peppers in olive oil until soft. Add spices to pan, stir. Add garlic. Then add chicken breasts, cook until no longer pink. Salt and pepper according to taste. Then add tomatoes, chick peas and apricots. Then lower heat, cover and simmer. Cook until chicken is done and ingredients are soft. For extra flavor, I season my chicken breasts and rub the spices into the meat a few minutes before cooking. I serve over couscous.

The flavor combination of the spices and sweetness of the apricots is SO delicious. This meal takes 30 min to prepare and cook. Enjoy :)
  • jweindruch
    jweindruch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, so I came up with this one pot simple fast healthy oil-free vegetarian dish:

I start with a medium size (Non-stick) pot and boil plain water with no salt or oil. Note: sometimes I will toss in some broccoli before I cook the pasta.

Add Deboles Jerusalem Artichoke Angel Hair Pasta - It cooks in 5 minutes! Once it's done I pour the pasta into a strainer in the sink and use the same pot to cook chopped garlic and onion. You don't need any oil because both garlic and onion have natural oils and it won't burn in a non-stick pot. After a few minutes I add other vegetables. I change it up every time. Sometimes broccoli as mentioned above, spinach, zucchini, bell pepper, whatever.

Once the veggies are almost done I just pour in some marinara sauce from a jar and then add the pasta back in. Stir and serve. Done!

I use a half a box of pasta per person (420 calories) and because I'm not using any oil I can keep this dish around 700 calories or less and you are full.
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    6 Chicken breast .
    4-5 Limes, juiced.
    4 Garlic, crushed.
    Salt and pepper.

Pour everything into a bag and marinade for a few hours. Serve with rice, beans, corn, tortillas. This recipe is from the pioneer woman but you can adjust the taste to your liking.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/bushs-grillin-beans/2011/05/garlic-lime-grilled-chicken-breasts-and-last-day-of-the-grilling-recipe-contest/
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

1/2 cup frozen peas

I do a similar lazy pot pie. Basically, you take a can of canned chicken, whatever frozen veggies you like, a can of "cream of" soup (whatever kind you like, we typically get low-sodium version). Mix all these together in oven-safe pie plate. Make a cup of Bisquick (or similar box mix) batter and pour over top. Bake on 350 for about 30 min. or until golden brown on top. :smile:

If you really WANT to use your own chicken...make your own batter...etc. to trim calories here and there you can...but it's not nearly as "lazy" then (and I'm not a "clean" eater :laugh: )

I do this but with half of a leftover rotisserie chicken, cream of mushroom/chicken soup, sauteed veggies (I do big batches of carrots and zucchini and freeze them in individual baggies every few months) in a casserole dish with refrigerator biscuits on top! No bottom crust, you just get a bowl of filling with a couple of the biscuits on top. :)
  • karenefwalsh
    karenefwalsh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love easy recipes as well! Thanks for posting.

From Skinny Mom's website, I did her freezer shredded chicken today.

3-4 chicken breasts
    Salt & pepper
    1/4 tsp garlic flakes
    1T onion flakes
    4 cups of water, or enough to cover chicken by 1 inch

Put all ingredients in crock pot & cook on Low for 6 hours. Shred the chicken & when cooled, divide& freeze to use in any recipes.

Tonight, since I had just cooked the chicken, I shredded some & mixed BBQ sauce into it - not much, maybe 1/2 Tbsp? Had it with a salad & it was great!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Man the only time I tried chicken in the crockpot, it was impossible to shred. Who knows. It must be my fantastic cooking skills again.

I got to try that chicken pot pie stuff!
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    bump