Can't seem to lose it!! :(

Options
So I've been eating healthy and watching my calorie intake. Walking 1-2 miles a day and working out 2-3 times a week for 45-60 mins a day. My bmr is 1160 so I was told to burn 250-500 cal more than my daily intake of 1100 to lose weight. I've never been good at all these calculations. Do I need to burn more than my BMR or my daily intake? I've tried everything and can't seem to lose more than .5-2 pounds at a time without hitting a wall. Also does anyone use detox or cleanses? I tried Jillian's 2 week detox and cleanse before I started dieting and it helped me lose 4 pounds. I also take a cayenne pill every am to boost my metabolism cause mine is aweful. Sorry I'm rambling. I'm trying to make sure I'm doing everything right!!

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is the least you should be eating.

Work out your TDEE, minus 20% off that and use that for your daily calories intake.

You aren't boosting your metabolism taking that pill, it's a waste of money.

You can boost your metabolism by building some muscle.

Detoxes and cleanses are not necessary....Jillian is just making money from this nonsense.

Drink lots of water, logg your calorie intake as accurately as you can and you will get results.
  • nikkin8713
    Options
    :smile: Thank you ladies!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Also, you should make your diary public.
  • nikkin8713
    Options
    I've updated my goals and made it public. I splurged for lunch today and instead of getting my normal salad at mcdonalds I was craving meat and got a mcchicken. :/ I get up at 3:30am for work. I'm a cna and I don't want to eat a heavy meal so I grab a Special K protein shake breakfast. Is that okay?
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I've updated my goals and made it public. I splurged for lunch today and instead of getting my normal salad at mcdonalds I was craving meat and got a mcchicken. :/ I get up at 3:30am for work. I'm a cna and I don't want to eat a heavy meal so I grab a Special K protein shake breakfast. Is that okay?

You're better off with a core power shake, or a monster energy protein.
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm a cna and I don't want to eat a heavy meal so I grab a Special K protein shake breakfast. Is that okay?
    I made a few changes to my diet to start losing again. First of all accurate logging. Second, I ditched the Special K BF shake. I eat this instead - http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal (without sweeteners). I got rid of Special K because I was trying to cut refined sugars. I don't know what helped but I started losing again. Maybe the accurate tracking but you never know.