where the youngins at early twenties late teens

Options

Replies

• tmlee4
    Options
    I'm 18 and I am just looking to get back on track. I played volleyball very competitively throughout my high school years, but I made the decision not to play college ball. Since my last season I've been pretty dang lazy, and I am tired of feeling cruddy all of the time. I'm ready to get back in the condition that I was in as an athlete!
  • SierraBurn
    Options
    I like being a smaller weight.This past year I really just kind of just let myself do whatever,which I'm not okay with.
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    I'm 20 and had some unhealthy eating habits in high school and originally joined MFP back then to track cals. Now I use it to make sure I'm in a healthy weight loss calorie range because I'm still super self conscious and would like to lose some body fat without dipping back into old habits.
  • LizzyAlexandra
    Options
    18 (19 in a week :P )

I hit rock bottom today actually, after analyzing exactly what it was I ate yesterday (I wouldn't be surprised if it was 3000 kcal), I'm an emotional eater, like a few of you who have commented, so when I am stressed, nervous, or sad, I shove food in my face until I need to roll to move. It's bad. Also, I have a gap between my legs, but I noticed it is a lot smaller than 3 weeks ago. And my belly. Oh goodness. See, I moved out of the house when I was 16 to go to boarding school, then uni, so I get lonely sometimes. My sister visited a few weeks ago, and ever since she left, this vicious cycle began and I can't stop eating. I don't exercise much because this uni is very demanding assignment-wise, so I'm always studying. I was a normal weight before, but I can't even step on the scale for fear I'm back to where I started.
    Anyways, I'm fed up of feeling sorry for myself, and I know that since being on this website for a while, it really helps to keep track of what you eat and makes you feel so much more accountable for what it is you do. I want to feel good again, happy with the amount I eat, and be proud of the work I have done on my bod!!!
  • badatgyu
    badatgyu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 22, and I didn't hit a "rock bottom" but I finally find the motivation I needed to lose the weight I've been talking about for years now. I feel so much happier and healthier, I have no more chest pains, I can actually run without hurting my knees and find a man who supports me and loves me even how I am now. We can do this!
  • molligamy
    molligamy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also 18 and trying to lose weight. I'm in the frustrating position of having always been healthy and reasonably fit, until I moved overseas away from my family for this year and I gained close to 15kg in my first three months. And patience with losing is incredibly difficult, because since I gained so quickly I feel I should be able to lose just as quickly as well, but that is not going to happen! My rock bottom was in Summer (June/July) when none of my summer clothes I brought with me fit, and I discovered that all my other pants had little holes in the inner seam between my thighs de to the dreaded chubrub! Worst. Anyway, I have lost 5kg so far, (3 with MFP) and am looking to lose the other ten. Good luck with everyone's weight loss!! :)
  • weightcounter91
    Options
    22, decided i do not want to live this lifestyle & figured this would make a good progress report for weekly blogs. my goal is to lose 90 pounds in a year. I don't want to be skinny, but i have a lot of fat to get rid of and trade in for muscle. I have always been too fat or too skinny, so i decided to start living an athletic lifestyle to balance out my body.
  • rie_q
    rie_q Posts: 73
    Options
    21, and I'm sick of hating the way I look in photos. And since I carry *all* my fat on my stomach, I also got sick of the "When are you due?", and just generally being sick all the time.
  • FattiDee
    FattiDee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    18 and i wanna get in shape cause i start college next fall! haha super pumped for that. and yes also because i wanna live a long healthy live :)
  • moeisreal
    Options
    do it for you. Forget the people in college. who are they? doing it for them wont help you stay on track. I know from experience
  • kliermann
    Options
    hey man I am trying to get my dream body back...yea back...when i was 19 I started body building with my superviisor who does every competition for lifting and show so I got Massive Just super beasty pushed myself to hard tore my bicep so i had to stop lifting upperbody...then soon after I got partilla tendonitus in my knee enabeling me to run for 3 years started to run once it healed and then pushed too hard and got akiles tendonitus went back to physical tharapy now i just got done with physical tharapy 2 weeks ago and im just stoked to loose this beer gut tone up my body and get my V back...
  • GoBucks34
    GoBucks34 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 18, but I have a son and am pregnant, so we probably can't relate.
    Hey WE can relate tho. I am 21, and I had a child, and now trying to take the weight off
  • smann1115
    smann1115 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 21. I wanted to get in shape for my birthday but then I got a stress fracture as I was exercising. Its been a month and I'm finally able to take the boot off but I still have to walk slowly and can't run or jog for another month. I'm always up for motivational friends, anyone feel free to add me!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    23 here !
  • rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 :) I was chubby growing up, and it was when I started college that I realized how awful my parents' eating habits are! I lost 20 lbs when I went off to college, and now I'm trying to lose another 20ish and get toned, and get into running.

I want to be one of those 70-somethings that still goes jogging every day. My boyfriend's grandmother is like that, she's a huge inspiration for me :)

I also want to look super hot in a bikini for the first time ever.
  • fiaria
    fiaria Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm 20, a sophomore in college. My senior year of high school I gained about 20 pounds and haven't lost it since I haven't changed my lifestyle. One of the harder things is trying to lose weight on the birth control shot since it increases appetite, but I don't want to complain about something like that. I decided to start the forums after attempting (and failing) to lose weight for over a year. I'm hoping I can find motivation in talking to other people! :)
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    I was overweight as a kid and hated gym class. A few years ago, I stepped on the scale and saw 190lbs as the reading so I promised myself I would change and to get healthier. I came on this site about a year and a half ago and have been here since
  • jordanfaithl
    Options
    Hey, I'm a teen :) I can relate to those saying they were bullied a lot as kids! I have a crazy life story! Lol. But, I've tried this site multiple times and just haven't been able to stick with it, but I'm determined to stay on here this time. Any friends to help support me would be great! Good luck to you all! I know everyone can get their dream bodies if you set your mind to it and really try! <3
  • nepenthe_s
    nepenthe_s Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    19 here!

I was a very healthy weight, about 115 lbs, most of high school. The past couple of months in college resulted in me gaining about 20 pounds and I'm ready to lose it all again. Believe it or not, the 'compliments' I received in high school like "You skinny *****!" and "Go eat something" only caused me to eat more as if to prove myself and although I didn't gain weight then it makes it difficult to eat less now.

I'm ready to make a change and would like any others with a similar mentality to add me! Best of luck! :)
  • WhyLime113
    WhyLime113 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    20, college student, and never hit rock bottom
    My goal isn't so much about my body's appearance, but it's ability. I just kind of decided one day I wanted to learn parkour. And to do that, I need to be able to run and get fit. And then I learned I loved running, and wanted to run in a 5k race. And I loved that so much that this year I'm going to run two 5k races. And I have an ultimate goal to be able to run a full marathon (which is a long time coming, but I'm gonna do it!) So my dream body is one that can run! And it's also great because I've noticed as I run, my asthma gets progressively better. A lovely added bonus if I do say so myself.