Not new, but need active friends

Options
Hi! I've been on here for a year and have lost 67 or so pounds and am working on maintaining. I used to have some friends on here but they stopped logging in months ago, so I deleted them and am looking for new friends! I eat anywhere between 1200-1700 calories a day depending on how I am feeling each day. My goal this year is to eat less processed foods, limit soda and candy, and get back to working out regularly. I still struggle mentally with food which is why I track daily to keep me accountable. When I don't track, I tend to go overboard with candy and fast food, especially chocolate!

I get most of my food ideas from Pinterest.

I am looking for friends with an open diary who are also fairly active. I do not judge anyone because weight loss is a personal journey and each person has their own challenges with food. I hope I can help you as well!

Thanks!

Replies

• hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! :drinker: I'm looking to lose the amount you have already lost. Friend request sent.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request.

Your calorie goals are about the same as mine.. 1200 to 1700. But I'm mainly aiming for 1300-1600.
  • tashalloyd330
    tashalloyd330 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hozik, Congrats on the current 29 lost!

While weight loss slowed down for me after the first 6 months, it was easier for me to know some ideas of what to eat. It is still crazy looking in the mirror and realizing how different my body is now. I still have days I think I look "fat," and I will probably never get over that as it is a self-image issue, but I just look at old photos so I can see how far I've come and not what I think I am doing wrong.

Just keep working on it daily and you will do fine! Just remember not to let one bad day or even one bad week stop you from your goal. Just pick up and keep going!
  • tashalloyd330
    tashalloyd330 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sara, I think that seems like a good range, although everyone's body is different of course. :) Most days I can't feel full on 1200-1300, but on days like today where I have ate beans and more filling, healthier lunch choices, I can usually get by on fewer calories.
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm aiming at 1350 plus exercise calories. I have 25 kg to lose.
  • JanineFoster
    JanineFoster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm not new here - second timer. I'm here to stay this time and am looking for friends to help support me.
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! I've been logging consistently and plan to continue. my diary is open.

congrats on your fabulous success thus far!
  • pennynluce
    pennynluce Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm going to send you a request too. I am trying to drop 40ish pounds by the summer. I had a group of friends but, I haven't seen much of them lately. I have been on and off MFP for a few years. I'm not active when pregnant. I'm all done having kiddos, so my main focus in life is getting my health back on track. I am quite active right now. I join challenges to keep myself inspired. I just need to work on building a network of motivational friends.:)

Congrats on your weight loss, btw
    Penny
  • Andaisy1
    Andaisy1 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!
    I'm also looking for new active friends & we have similar goals and struggles. Took me a long time to stop drinking soda since that was all I used to drink! It's worth the effort :happy: