DONT WANNA LOSE THE BOOTY

Options
Ok, so I am very grateful that I have been noticing results in losing 9lbs... but my fiancee hugged me and squeezed my butt yesterday and said, "WHERE IS IT?!" It seems that the majority of the weight has left where I need it the most (the beloved booty), and hasn't budged from other places (love handles)..

I have tried doing squats, but is not helping. Please help me out!!!

SAVE MY BOOTY!!!

:smile:

Replies

• gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    I would say focus more on heavy cardio and ab, oblique workouts. Try not to do as much strength training in the lower body and focus on the abs.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I am very grateful that I have been noticing results in losing 9lbs... but my fiancee hugged me and squeezed my butt yesterday and said, "WHERE IS IT?!" It seems that the majority of the weight has left where I need it the most (the beloved booty), and hasn't budged from other places (love handles)..

SAVE MY BOOTY!!!

Girl, I was just complaining about this today! Every time I lose, it comes from the butt. That is the ONLY part of my body where I DON'T need to lose!! I just keep doing lunges.....tons of them. Bob and Jillian say it works...I have to trust them. LOL (even though at times they are very very evil!!) :sad:
  • janistasia
    Options
    Same here, my hubby just keeps rubbing and saying, "you got a little booooooty", Not sure if that is a compliment or complaint,. Either way I am graeful for the attention!!!! :-)
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You can keep it and loose weight only if your body is made that way! I loose in my butt and boobs first. If I do squats it speeds up the flat booty! Flatter! My oldest is not loosing her boobs. She's loosing other places. It depends on you and how you are made. Good luck!
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Sooooo basically I am destined to have a pancake *kitten* if I want to continue losing weight? Sacrifices must be made I GUESS..
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I need to hear this answer too...

During my last pregancy mine dissappeared...it came back a bit but now I want to hold on to the bit I have now.....
  • WhiskeyBravo
    Options
    Think of those Olympic runners...long distance runners = super slim but those sprinters = booty, booty booty, booty rockin' everywhere....my trainer used to have me track work to build my glutes....so I'd walk the corners of the track and sprint the straight-a-ways... and you could try weighted squats and lunges.

p.s. I'm always trying to loose some of my azz...but it's the very LAST place I really lose weight and it sux eggs cuz I can never find jeans
  • Sugar_Apple
    Options
    Sooooo basically I am destined to have a pancake *kitten* if I want to continue losing weight? Sacrifices must be made I GUESS..

NOOOOO say it aint so...there must be at least one excercise out there designed to save a booty :D
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i'm an ironing board. flat on both sides.
  • melliebee
    Options
    Think of those Olympic runners...long distance runners = super slim but those sprinters = booty, booty booty, booty rockin' everywhere....my trainer used to have me track work to build my glutes....so I'd walk the corners of the track and sprint the straight-a-ways... and you could try weighted squats and lunges.

p.s. I'm always trying to loose some of my azz...but it's the very LAST place I really lose weight and it sux eggs cuz I can never find jeans

Ugh... Jeans are my nemesis because I have really meaty thighs and then a small little bum so I wear 27 inch waist jeans, but cant pull em over the thunder thighs....

Hey.. If I lose weight from my thighs, might give the illusion of a bigger booty!?

Is diet the only way to lose inches from thighs? Any exercises to speed up the process?
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

SAVE MY BOOTY!!!

If you lost your *kitten* it's because it was fat. The best way to gain it back in some respects is to build a muscular butt. Squats, lunges, etc will bring you a non fat based butt.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

SAVE MY BOOTY!!!

Your booty is in my prayers.
  • busybowmans
    Options
    I'm doing the diet with HCG and it seems most of the weight gone is the belly (5 inches) and love handles and only a small percentage of my oversize boobs. My same bras still fit but more comfortably. I haven't noticed any loss in the booty. I am one lb shy of a 30 lb loss so far. All I can suggest is perhaps do some research.
  • melliebee
    Options

SAVE MY BOOTY!!!

If you lost your *kitten* it's because it was fat. The best way to gain it back in some respects is to build a muscular butt. Squats, lunges, etc will bring you a non fat based butt.

Yes, however, a little bit of junk in the trunk is FAR from a bad thing!!!!!!! You are a man.. you should know this.
  • Natural
    Options

LOL. will you pray for my breasts?
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

Absolutely. By the way, who is the Patron Saint of Boobs and Booty?
  • Natural
    Options

Absolutely. By the way, who is the Patron Saint of Boobs and Booty?

thanks roaddog. hmmm, let me think...... st. narcissist?
  • WhiskeyBravo
    Options

Ugh... Jeans are my nemesis because I have really meaty thighs and then a small little bum so I wear 27 inch waist jeans, but cant pull em over the thunder thighs....

Hey.. If I lose weight from my thighs, might give the illusion of a bigger booty!?

Is diet the only way to lose inches from thighs? Any exercises to speed up the process?

Welp, they ( the proverbial they) say the 85% of losing weight is diet...exercise, depending on the type will build muscle and muscle is less dense than fat so doing both would most def. speed up the process. In the past I have had success with a combination of heavy squats/lunges, sprints and lower weights higher reps ( like 4 or 5 sets of 25 reps) you can try it out for a few weeks check ur progress and make adjustments as necessary .

But I also agree that it depends on YOUR body what works for me may not work for you....butt ( pun intended) ....I've also seen some women in the fitness industry with little or no bum build some roundness to theirs...so it can be done :)
  • jayeffkaye
    jayeffkaye Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this problem! I have been dieting for two years and have lost fat is every place but my lower body. I dropped the love handles, dropped the stubborn arm and bak fat but I haven't been able to drop a pant size!! I think it is the way your body is made. But I wouldn't stopped strength training!! If anything do more!!! Build the muscle back in that booty to make it look fuller and lift it back up!! :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Options
    Welp, they ( the proverbial they) say the 85% of losing weight is diet...exercise, depending on the type will build muscle and muscle is less dense than fat so doing both would most def. speed up the process. In the past I have had success with a combination of heavy squats/lunges, sprints and lower weights higher reps ( like 4 or 5 sets of 25 reps) you can try it out for a few weeks check ur progress and make adjustments as necessary .

But I also agree that it depends on YOUR body what works for me may not work for you....butt ( pun intended) ....I've also seen some women in the fitness industry with little or no bum build some roundness to theirs...so it can be done :)

If lunges make your knee hurt what other kind of bunns exercises are there