Marathoners & Half Marathoners

Options
Restarting my membership at MFP. I'm training for half/full marathons. Would love to meet others how have the same goals. Hard to balance weight loss with intense training.

Replies

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Bump, because I am considering a Half myself.
  • Morgan_Mack
    Morgan_Mack Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to do a half marathon in April!! I'm pretty excited!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I've got a 24km trail run in May and probably a half in August. I eat all the foods.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    next half is in April...and then a warrior dash
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm training for a half-marathon in May (my first). Longest race distance to date is 10km. I'm at maintenance with my diet. Happy to have new running friends.
  • handyrunner
    Options
    plenty of time you'll be ready
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Training for marathons and then ultras...but then I am a little more insane than you lot :laugh:
  • handyrunner
    Options
    lol right now I'll get there in a couple years
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I completed my first ½ Marathon in November 2014 and posted my story here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1135926-obese-menopausal-to-1-2-marathon

I have a goal to complete a full marathon on the month of my 60th birthday (which will be January 2015). At present I don’t do the social media “friending” thing, but January 1st I did start a blog here on MFP where I plan to journal about the year leading up to my goal.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/boatsie77
  • gonnagetfitnow2014
    gonnagetfitnow2014 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I did our first half marathon two years ago and our second half last May. We did out first full marathon this past October in Milwaukee. We are planning out next full marathon this coming May here in Kenosha. Its funny, because when we weren't trying to train for anything, the winter was like spring, and now that we need to train, our winter is one of the worst winters in years. Good luck to everyone and I pray everyone meets their goals this year. :happy:
  • kimboslice001
    Options
    Just re-joined MFP tonight to get support to get back into marathon training! I've done 2 half marathons & 1 full in the past. Had to stop running in 2013 while I was pregnant. Now that baby boy is born & I have the go-ahead I'm jumping back into training! Originally I was hoping to kick off my year by signing up for a 17.5k in April & a half in May but I'm so out of shape I'll have to wait till the fall for any long distance races.

Happy running! :drinker: