where the youngins at early twenties late teens

Options
124»

Replies

• sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am 25 now :( I'm not in my early 20s anymore!!

Rock bottom for me was when I was a freshman in high school ( almost 10 years ago ick! ) and I was 145 lbs. I was not happy with how I looked at all. Lost a lot of weight, got too thin, and ended up having a lot of problems with food. Gained the weight back and was up to 138 lbs in late 2006. Lost the weight.... Done a lot of yo yo dieting in my late teen and early 20's.

Recently put on 10 lbs since last year. Was a shock to me because I really don't feel like what I weigh. For a few years I was maintaining my weight well ( no yo yo ) at 115-120 lbs, which was nice.

I am mainly trying to lose that 10 lbs and a little more while eating out less and exercising more.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Just finished college here.

My last few years I was at a university where I commuted an hour twice a week. But yeah college can really pack on the pounds. I only lived on campus once and put on a little weight but nothing too bad. I didn't really put on weight till I began commuting and it took 4 hours out of my week.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    I lost weight to be healthy. Also of course to be happy with my body. I'm maintaining now and like you I sometimes want to lay around and eat all day. I always have those urges. But I remind myself how far I've come and how great I feel.
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 18. I was simply tired of being an unhealthy person. I wanted to feel better about myself, and be comfortable. I've lost 26 pounds so far. Lost 11 with MFP, and before I started I lost some as well. Just, getting fit for college, and my future. :)
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    19 year old college student here and always up for new friends! I've been on here for around 2 years and mainly stay for the community, anyone feel free to add!
  • AguileraChange1995
    Options
    I'm 18 years old and I wanna lose 35 kilos / 77 lbs! Add me!

54820078.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm a 21-year-old uni student, I don't really ever remember being skinny, I was always chubby, since I was a kid, and people always just said I'd loose it when I got older. And I never did, the biggest I got was about 92kg, so 200lbs, and I have never worn a bikini in public, I don't wear shorts outside, I hate not wearing stuff that covers me, which is hard in an Australia summer. I've been about 85kg+ since I was 15

I lost about 15kg (25-30lbs) in 2012, but I have gained it back since then, so I know I can do it, I want to get below 75kg, and hopefully maintain around 70kg (155lbs).

Does anyone else get the feeling that there is no way they could actually be that light? I feel like my body would just be unhealthy, even though at 5"7, 155lbs is just inside a healthy BMI. Maybe it's just me.
  • alliemarks25
    Options
    Hey there!
    I'm 18 years old. And I have always been a very active person. Done sports my whole life. You name it chances are I've done it. But number one is dance. I began dancing when I was 5 and never looked back. When I was 16 I injured myself. I couldn't dance anymore and was completely heartbroken. I didn't want to do anything anymore. If I couldn't dance why bother... Well it took 19 months but I finally have a doctors note that says I can dance. Except now I can't. During the time I was injured I became very depressed and that combined with the complete cut off from most physical activity ended with me gaining a bunch of weight, I'm super out of shape now and run out of breath every time I try a difficult routine. I am not going to let something as stupid as myself stand in the way of my ability to dance. I am determined to lose the weight and not only get back in shape but better shape then I ever have been. Feeling determined? Add me.
  • zd04
    zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone...
    I am 21 and an architecture student....from childhood I was chubby but when it turned into obesity that even I don't know....Now I am 74kg(164lbs) and want to be at least 55kg(121lbs).......When my friends and people of my age dress up in fancy clothes, I feel so bad for me that i can't be fit in that kinda clothes...so I think this is the high time so I have began this journey....if any one wants to join me in my journey feel free to add me....:flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Sam5995
    Sam5995 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 18 years old and I have always been between chubby and overweight. I have always felt self concious about the way I look and I know the kind of person I want to be and how I want to look and this year I want to start trying to get there.
    I am VERY unfit and have never exercised unless I was forced to in PE ...
    I need all the motivation I can get and would love to support others too :) Feel free to add me xx
  • erinbuberinxo
    Options
    I'm 17, I've always wanted to be able to run for miles and be strong so I started running and lifting and the pounds are slowly but surely dropping off :) I like eating healthy but can't resist the odd treat, feel free to add me guys!
  • ItsABadger
    ItsABadger Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and I was pretty much bullied my whole life for my weight, which weirdly made me shut down and do nothing.

I'm finally in a place where I want to be healthy for me, not to please the cool kids....who don't exist in my world anyway because I'm a scientist :P