Water in Coffee Maker and Nutri-Bullet?

Options
sunrise611
sunrise611 Posts: 1,912 Member
Does anyone use filtered water in their coffee machines and heathy drinks as recommended by the manufacturers?

If so, what is your source of water? Bottled?

Filtered tap water from the kitchen faucet? Or a filter under the kitchen sink?

Filtered water from the fridge?

Replies

• chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I do. I have a Britta pitcher and use that. The pitcher sits on the counter, so the water is room temperature.

I do it because where I am the unfiltered tap water sometimes has an off taste to it, depending on the time of year and the conditions at the reservoir. It can pass that taste on to the drink. If my tap water didn't have this issue, I wouldn't really care about filtered vs. non.

My coffee maker also has an in-line filter, but doesn't do as much as the pitcher.
  • sunrise611
    Options
    Thanks for your response. I tried the pitcher a long time ago but found it a pain to keep filled. And it's not great to have water sitting too long in the pitcher either so it would have to constantly keep changing to stay fresh.

I guess no one uses a Brita or similar faucet filter anymore ...
  • SnowWhiteFanatic
    SnowWhiteFanatic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have a filter in my fridge that I get the water out of. We also just use regular tap water in the Keurig.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    No...as a matter of fact I use the water from the tap that doesn't go through the softener...tastes better.

I suspect they say that to prevent hardwater build up which is easy to take care of with vinegar and water.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Nah. I have well water that is naturally filtered and tastes better than anything you can buy bottled. Well, except wine of course. But if I had city water, I would.

I was told somewhere along the lines that if you have city water, to fill up a gallon bottle with water and leave the cap off. Give it about 24 hours, and the chlorine will evaporate and it will taste as good as bottled water. I have no idea if that's true or not though.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I also use a Brita and it sits on the counter right next to my sink. Since I use it for everything, it never "sits" too long, which is something I never heard of anyways. Like filtered water. It is probably psychological, but what isnt'?
  • sunrise611
    Options
    Interesting. So, no one uses a faucet filter anymore ...
  • Haskin_Fuzernick
    Haskin_Fuzernick Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Coffee maker includes its own charcoal filter. Other cooking, Britta.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I use tap water for everything. /heathen
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I rely almost exclusively on my tap water for everything.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I use the filter in the fridge for drinking and Kureg.
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options

I have one and use it exclusively for any water that is going to get drunk ...
  • sunrise611
    Options

I have one and use it exclusively for any water that is going to get drunk ...

I don't suppose you know the faucet that you have or could recommend one ... ?
  • sunrise611
    Options
    Coffee maker includes its own charcoal filter. Other cooking, Britta.

Which Brita do you use? The faucet version? If so, would you know which faucet brand, model, etc?
  • Haskin_Fuzernick
    Haskin_Fuzernick Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    No, sorry -- the pitcher.
  • sunrise611
    Options
    As I noted in another post and will repeat here for anyone that might be interested, Brita sent me extra adapters to try on my new faucet to see if it would fit their filter. And one of them did the trick!

This is the faucet:.

Kohler Coralais Two-Hole Kitchen Sink Faucet with 8 1/2" spout and Side Spray (#K-15176-F-BN )

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Coralais-two-hole-kitchen-sink-faucet-with-8-1-2-spout,-matching-finish-side-spray-and-lever-handle/productDetail/Kitchen-Sink-Faucets/421160.htm?categoryId=995318&skuId=381510&page=merchProductDetails&hash=id=filters&color-filter=101788_BN&startIndex=40&scrollTop=2214