i hate salad

Options
its just a fact. lol, for me its boring and i like my food to be hot. just throwing it out there :D

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Solution: Don't eat it.

Thread closed.
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Double thumbs up... Salads are stupid... I work in a cold office, the best part of my day is heating up my lunch or my hot oatmeal for breakfast.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    talktofood_zpsaedeaa60.gif
  • jeccawest
    Options
    I agree emAZn! And it's almost like the stamp of eating healthy! No thanks!
  • jeccawest
    Options
    ohk, that is too funny!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    IKR? What am I, a rabbit?

The only way a salad is even remotely satisfying to me is if I use full fat dressing (which is ok as long as I don't use a lot) and add lots of meat, cheese and chickpeas. Otherwise all those veggies just burn up and I'm starving an hour or two later.
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    I looooooves me some salad! There are tons of different ways to prepare it and an endless amount of ingredients to choose from.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    th?id=H.4571916631214348&pid=1.7

Now I'm off to eat my salad :smile:
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    That's nice. I love salad and crave it cuz I eat the mixed field greens (none of that crappy iceberg lettuce) throw in a bunch of roasted turkey, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, croutons, loads of ranch dressing, parmesian cheese, etc. To each his/her own.
  • cooky_monster
    cooky_monster Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm a seasonal eater :smile: I enjoy salads, but only in spring and summer. During autumn and winter i prefer soup. Old fashioned i know but in the UK, salad leaves,cucumbers and tomatoes tend to be in season during the warmer months and "soup veg" such as parsnips, carrots and squash tend to be ripe for the picking in autumn so it makes sense to eat whats in season rather than forcing a salad down in January just because its the classic "diet" food.

But of course as freckles5483 rightly pointed out, it IS each to their own, so just eat what you prefer. After all, forcing yourself to eat things you dont like for the sake of weight loss is never going to end well :ohwell:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I love salad.

And?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    You know, there is more than one type of salad.....just throwing that out there.:wink:
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've learned to loooooove vegetables. Salads are okay but only if there's loads of variety (and no cheese, croutons, or creamy dressing on it). But mostly I've learned to love hot vegetable dishes so I go with Indian, Thai, and Mediterranean foods a lot now.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    its just a fact. lol, for me its boring and i like my food to be hot. just throwing it out there :D

Cool, more for me :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. I actually would nuke my salads for 10 to 30 seconds to get them to room temperature ish before eating them. Most of my salads were eaten at work or from mcdonalds, since I'd always let the ingredients go bad at home (very infrequent salad eater).