Another New Years Resolution

Options
Hi Folks,

I'm 42 year old bloke who has been messing about with looking after my general health and fitness since giving up smoking about 18 months ago. I have really, really taken to excersise and regularly cycle, run, and did go to the gym, although this has lasped recently. If you had said that to me 2 years ago, I would have questioned your grip on reality.

I'm happy with my weight in general, although the beer demon has been trying to expand my belly over the festive season, and in fact over the summer, was actually worried about loosing too much weight when I was really putting the miles in on the bike ~ you burn a lot of calories covering several hundred miles a week. However, I appear to have stabalised at around 154-158lbs, which for a 6' 1'' chap appears fine ~ within the reccomended BMI anyway. So why am I here?

Well, I still feel like I am flailing all over the place with no forcus fitness wise. My new years resolution is to have some structured fitness goals ~ a proper gym / home work out schedule that compliments and supports my cycling / running / swimming, and finally, the re ason I am here, really concentrate on what I am eating to make sure I am not eating too much or too little, monitor my macros to match my training and physical activity, etc.

My aim is to 'eat clean' or eat 'real food', for want of a better word, i.e. cut out all the processed rubish, make all my meals from scratch, etc. I think this will be the hardest part of my resolution to stick to, so I am hoping MFP will help in this respect.

It all starts on Monday, to coincide with returing to work, so with me luck. Right, that turned into a bit of an long post, better stop gassing and go and stock up on healthy foods!

Replies

• vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have found that setting fitness goals have helped me stay on track as far as eating and workouts go. I'm currently scheduled for my first marathon in two weeks and that keeps me laser focused. After that, I have several other goals for the year most of which have little to do with running but with other fun fitness-related challenges. My hope is that these keep me from lapsing. Good luck to you!
  • Jjsharry
    Jjsharry Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks vivaldirules, I'm hoping that setting fitmess goals will spur me on to achieve other things not related to fitness as well. Good luck to you too! :-)