2013 By the Pound

Options
13»

Replies

• Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I love the month by month summary - you've inspired me to do the same for 2014. Thank you for sharing!
  • maddy_smiles
    maddy_smiles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! Thank you for posting your success story, you really are an inspiration!!!
  • zamara1114
    zamara1114 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I like your approach of eating the 2,000 you felt your body needed, and not what MFP said. I'm sure that was a major contributor to your success! Question - was the 2,000 after eating back exercise calories or total?

Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

The 2000 was from eating back exercise. I had my calorie goal set to my BMR and then ate back my exercise calories. I had an idea of what my TDEE for my goal weight was so I tried to stay around that. I was usually under though.
  • meechster20001
    meechster20001 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've just added this post to my browser favourites, you were the same starting weight and height as I find myself at and seeing the after results is very motivating! Congratulations, you look fantastic and feel great I bet :)
  • writemusic4him
    writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look awesome!
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    very nice! great job :)
  • joolsweb
    joolsweb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi - this is a great post and realy motivated me to stick with it, seeing your 3-6lbs weight loss per month and then it all totalling up to make such a great loss is really inspiring, thanks so much :happy:
  • misspatrice310
    misspatrice310 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You looked good when you started and look even better now. Congrats on your success! Thanks for sharing. Great motivation! :)
  • Narc_soda
    Narc_soda Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I never posted a success story when I hit my goal almost a month ago, so I figured why not do it now that the year is coming to a close (plus I took an updated photo on Christmas :laugh:).

I found the success stories so inspirational that I can only hope to do the same. (I originally posted this on my blog, but it is the best breakdown of my journey)

Stats: 5'7
    SW: 210
    CW/GW: 150

I started my weight loss journey in August of 2012, but it was in 2013 that I was really successful.

Here is a month by month breakdown of 2013:

January: 189 – 184 lbs
    My first plateau started in December 2012 and continued on until mid January. Being able to maintain my routine and break my plateau really solidified that I would be able to reach my goal... Eventually

February: 184-181 lbs
    I was focused on running and trying to get my 5K time down.

March: 181-176 lbs
    I felt like I was losing muscle so I started to move away from cardio and focus more on strength work. This was when I discovered the Nike Training Club app.

April: 176-172 lbs
    Completed my first (and only) 5 K run. I plan to do more, but needed a break from running.
    Up until this point I didn’t have to buy new clothes. In April I finally, after 9 months, dropped into a size 10. This kicked off a constant stream of clothes buying that I really need to stop. J

May: 172-169 lbs
    For the first time in my adult life I was below 170 lbs, and started buying medium shirts.

June: 169-164
    Bought first pair of size 8 jeans!

July: 164 lbs
    Spent most of the month on holiday, I worked out when I could but was really focused on maintaining, not losing.

August: 164-160 lbs
    I reached my original goal of getting to 160 lbs and started Insanity.

Sept: 160-155 lbs
    INSANISTY!

October: 155-153 lbs
    Completed insanity and started using the JEFIT app for tracking strength training.
    Insanity was probably one of the toughest things I have done, but was definitely worth the effort. I lost 9 lbs and 5 inches (mainly from my lower body)

November: 153-149 lbs
    Started to focus on how to transition to maintenance and finally hit my goal of 150 lbs. :bigsmile:

December: ~148 Lbs

I am working on maintaining and finding new fitness goals to keep me motivated.

PhotoGrid_1380079579995_zps36298c41.jpg

April 2012 and December 2013
    PhotoGrid_1388034538094_zpskeji40vc.jpg

BUMP!
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Oh my god you're such an inspiration because our starting weights and goal weights are almost exactly the same, and I'm 5'7! It's nice to see where I will potentially be in 6-8 months!!! Thanks for your story! You look fab!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!