Vacation help!

Options
Started Keto diet on Xmas eve to lose the 25 lbs on my 5' 3” frame: to look better, increase strength, increase mobility and reduce chance of hereditary health issues. Water aerobics begins in April; 11 weeks of pure fun!:love:

For a person of 50+yrs. fitting into a 3mm suit , looking slim is a goal; drat the suit for showing/adding extra pounds. :sad:
Diving trip booked for September.

Help! Looking for tips, ideas or a reference book for foods to stay on the Keto diet while on vacation, don't really want to fall off just to begin again upon return.

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I follow a LCHF diet, which keeps me in ketosis. Perhaps you may want to look into joining the keto or low carb groups on MFP. You will get loads of support and participate in the forums, ask questions, etc. good luck to you!
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Started Keto diet on Xmas eve to lose the 25 lbs on my 5' 3” frame: to look better, increase strength, increase mobility and reduce chance of hereditary health issues. Water aerobics begins in April; 11 weeks of pure fun!:love:

For a person of 50+yrs. fitting into a 3mm suit , looking slim is a goal; drat the suit for showing/adding extra pounds. :sad:
    Diving trip booked for September.

Help! Looking for tips, ideas or a reference book for foods to stay on the Keto diet while on vacation, don't really want to fall off just to begin again upon return.

Not sure what the question is? Reference book for Keto foods? It's just fat and protein, avoid carbs, pretty easy to tell. Also, be aware that if you're just using keto to lose weight, once you transition from keto back to a conventional diet, you will put on a fair amount of water weight very quickly.
  • WETDIVER1234
    WETDIVER1234 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Reference book for Keto foods? ~~~ Weight Watchers has resaurant & individual little books for to carry around ~ helps keep you on track and you can adjust as required. Do you know of a printable food list; I will have little to no access to internet.
  • WETDIVER1234
    WETDIVER1234 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tks Fruttibiscott

Will join, look around and do some home work.
    Your the best!

Wetdiver