Veggie Folks?

Options
I'm new to this site, and am wondering if there are many vegetarians on here? If so, what are some of your fave meals? I don't like taking supplements, and try to keep it "real" food; although, I do drink a whey protein shake about 3 times a week. I'm finding it kind of difficult to make fast healthy choices.

Replies

• c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian inclined :) in other words Im making the transition. I guess Im lucky because I LOVE tofu and other veg (aka bean) protein, and I also eat eggs and dairy so that helps. Hummus, tons of veggies and fruits, quinoa and brown rice and veg soup are things I love. On the go I almost always have some chopped veggies, a hardboiled egg, a handful of almonds, something like that. Usually I dont miss the meat at all.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    There are alot of vegans on here, and they always share their recipes. I am not a vegan, but my sister is, so I save them to cook for her.
  • cavycity
    cavycity Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love quinoa!! I made a quinoa stuffed acorn squash the other day: not bragging, but it was awesome! Most people in my area have no idea what it is. :)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegetarian, but we do veggie meals sometimes for a change. I love veggie curry and am sort of addicted to red split lentils. They just smell so good when they're cooking. Quinoa stuffed acorn squash sounds really good. Wonder if I could get my husband to eat that.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    One of my faves (that I will probably make tonight) is black bean tacos. Super easy and fast!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    The gardein company makes delicious foods! fresh and frozen. I am in love with their foods. I eat many vegetarian dishes and foods simply because generally they have more flavor and less fat than traditional meats!
  • Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm transitioning into vegetarianism. We (my Husband and I) have been vegetarian for about a month and a half now with only one meal of meat (couldn't resist fast food on our birthday) but so far so good!

As for favorite meals I've been making a lot of tortellini and salads lately. We also eat boca burgers and black bean tacos.
  • RiversWild
    Options
    I'm vegetarian too, I do the protein shakes also for vitamins as well as the protein. I also love tofu - usually I keep some in the fridge that I marinated and roasted so it's always around for a salad or wrap.