RETURNING and Rejuvinated!!!

Options
After a couple of very stressful years, of which included helping my son fight for his rights to be a dad - our rights to be grandparents...... I'm ready to get back to ME. Amazing what high stress levels, and poor nutrition...and just not caring does to you. I am now on BP meds, thyroid med, gained ~30lbs, thinning hair, eyelashes....AND basically, just really unhappy with myself because of all of that.... ENOUGH of that ****! Back to making ME a #1 priority! I don't want to go into my 50's feeling 70! SO happy to be back... I LOVE MFP, it is the BEST TOOL...it's real!

Replies

• zoemariaxoxo
    Options
    Aww, I'm rejoining too, life can get too much sometimes, its easy to forget to look after you :-) .... xxxxx
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    After a break and only occassional visits in the last several months I too am back at it in 2014.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you and your family have been through the wringer! I am happy to hear you are once again taking control of your health/ Cindy
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Options
    You are soooo right, especially being a woman. MFP was such a success for me when I started in 2010....nothing secret about it, just tracking what you eat and exercising. It's real...nothing fad about anything. Thank you for the note!!
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Options
    CONGRATS to you too!!!! That makes me :)
  • fluffymaggie3
    fluffymaggie3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I am back on board too. I have no excuses, just being lazy !! Time to get a grip before it gets too out of hand !!
  • Moostie36
    Options
    Hello everyone and Happy New Year! This is my first time here and I am glad I found it. I have not been taking care of myself lately. I have forgotten what its like to do that in the last couple of years. Not only am I taken care of the outside I am taking care of the inside. I hope to meet new friends. Hope to be able to give support and to receive it as well. One thing I learn is it is harder to do things on your own. So lets make this year a year for loving yourself first. :smile:
  • JTx510
    JTx510 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :')

I am also returning back to the healthy lifestyle once again now that the Holidays are over. New year, new goals!
  • thejunkfoodqueen
    Options
    Welcome back!

I, too, am returning this year with a new start and piece of mind. Looking for some motivational & inspirational people!! I need to get it right this time around... No quitting, no falling off the wagon, no crashing & burning, and most importantly, no giving up! It's time to get serious!!
  • Rebecca1552
    Options
    Good morning!!

Yes, stress can treat your body harshly... I'm sorry that you've had such a difficult time. I also have issues with my thyroid, so I understand how much that can play a role in health & weightloss.

Sounds like you're heading in the right direction and you have a great attitude :smile: :smile:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome back ;-) I'm pretty much at goal but am on everyday logging my food and exercise to stay focused. I am 59 and pretty active. If I can help feel free to add me for support.

Good luck and welcome back!
  • jenn11411
    jenn11411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i'm back too!! :-D
  • QueenLaureen62
    QueenLaureen62 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I have just returned as well. Wishing you much success!!
  • 2RobD
    2RobD Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome back....time all of you got "back on the wagon" :laugh:
  • Skdupree
    Options
    I am back as well - I never really tried very hard last time, but like you, heading for the second half of my forties and running out of time to get healthy and take care of me! I am determined to slow down and smell the roses in 2014 and make my health (physical, mental (less stress!), emotional (more love!), and spiritual) a priority. My problem is no willpower!! So please help to keep me on track, MFPF! :smile:
  • calmandpeaceful
    calmandpeaceful Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am 53 and never thought I would be so chubby! I do understand what happens when family problems get in the way of us taking care of ourselves. Over the past 4 years we've had to deal with three dx's of cancer (my brother, whom we sadly lost) and my sister), serious mental health issues of one of my children, and my husband's unemployment. I finally feel like life may be easing up a bit, which allows me to learn to cope better. I'm hoping things continue to improve. I'm also trying to count my blessings.

This may sound silly - but one of my New Years resolutions is not to leave the house without lipstick or earrings. I'm not a fancy gal by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel that if I take the time every day to make myself look/feel better, it will build on itself. So, today I went shopping with the kids with a slicked down pony tail, old jeans, t shirt, but earrings and lipstick. It's a step to putting myself up there with the rest of the family. Perhaps next time I'll even wash my hair!! :laugh:

I am glad you were able to solve your son's problems - that sounds tough. Good luck on this journey!!