Let's try this again! Need support :)

Options
Hello all!

I'm not new to Myfitnesspal by ANY means. But I've fallen off the wagon the past year or so.

This upcoming week- I'm starting a routine at the gym that will include spin classes, swimming and running. I want to start 3 days a week and go up from there. But I'll need help.

My goal is to run/complete a half marathon this summer. I'd like to eventually move up to a full marathon and perhaps triathlons...

But I need my butt kicked to get into shape and back into it! I've got 30 lbs to lose to be back to my ideal weight. I've got three pants sizes to lose, and I've got a long journey ahead of me.

So if you need someone to help motivate you to get back into things, or want to help motivate me to get back into athletic shape-please add me!! I love having support :)

Replies

• KaySaver
    KaySaver Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am all for it! Fitness Pal is awesome, especially if you have the app for the phone. It makes counting calories SO easy.

I've been off and on MFP for a few years but I keep coming back.

I have been mulling this over for the past four months and I've got new reasons to get back in shape and better health. As soon as I get my paycheck I am ordering T25 and no matter how much it hurts I am going to stick with it in the new year!

Looking for support as well.

Good luck to everyone out there and Happy New Year!
  • cjanaro
    cjanaro Posts: 33
    Options
    I sent you a friend request, lets achieve our goals together! A half marathon is amazing! If you stick to your plan there is no doubt you will achieve your goals! Good luck!
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am all for it! Fitness Pal is awesome, especially if you have the app for the phone. It makes counting calories SO easy.

I've been off and on MFP for a few years but I keep coming back.

I have been mulling this over for the past four months and I've got new reasons to get back in shape and better health. As soon as I get my paycheck I am ordering T25 and no matter how much it hurts I am going to stick with it in the new year!

Looking for support as well.

Good luck to everyone out there and Happy New Year!

Wooo!! Thanks :) I completely understand/agree!! I keep coming back to MFP and I use the app often.
    I ran a half marathon 2 summers ago. It was one of my greatest accomplishments and I was in the best shape of my life. I want to get back there!!
  • terrimelvin33
    terrimelvin33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have started and stopped at least 6 times in 2013! I lost 75lbs while my husband deployed in 2011, but got pregnant as soon as he got home. I gained most all of it back. SO I have started over, this time with the resolve to stick with it and lose at least 75lbs this year! I would love the support also! Good luck :)
  • heymrsun
    heymrsun Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    LOL. Lets be friends, you are pretty much the epitome of my ultimate goals right now!

Though, I really do hate running... I'm sure if I got into better shape again I could like it once more. :)

The hardest part for me is not eating all the guacamole I have in my fridge right now. I almost ate it all last night, but told myself how much fat and sodium it has! :S

Best of luck on your goals as well, and bumping this board for support awareness! :D
  • kballard66
    Options
    I've been off and on MFP too, I need motivation myself. Please add me if you'd like.
  • lrose50
    lrose50 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good Morning - I'm in the same place as you - dropped off MFP for the last 10 months and my goal is to lose 30 pounds as well. I have reactivated my gym membership and hope to go 3 days a week as well. Running, swimming and aerobic classes to start - maybe novice spin. My gym has a swim the great lakes challenge - I live in Ontario - every 10 laps is 1km. First goal is to swim the equivalent of Lake Ontario. I will send you a friend request - happy new year and good luck.
  • jenny181111
    jenny181111 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me xx everyone needs encouragement x
  • fluffymaggie3
    fluffymaggie3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am with ya !!!! I have fallen off too, and am ready to change my habits and get my energy back !! I know what I need to do, and logging in here, plus the support, we can get back on track !!! Lets do this !!
  • JanineFoster
    JanineFoster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Today is day 3 on my new adventure of losing 100+ lbs. I'm not new to this game but am trying a different tactic. I'm looking for support outside my family. I am finding day 3 a bit hard as I'm all by myself with the kitchen/refrigerator.
  • shanel1886
    shanel1886 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need help also with getting back into it. I fell off of it for a year. I gained a lot back. I was down 92 lbs, now i am just down 42 lbs. It sucks.
  • Vic_of_Steel
    Vic_of_Steel Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I am no noob myself. I've been going strong for a few months now. My goal for 2014 is be able to run a 5k. I have made major progress finally being able to run a mile since I was in highschool. While my goal isn't on the same level as yours it is similar. I lift, run, walk, and play basketball 5 days a week. I am trying to getting my eating habits on lock down which I am not doing to bad but I am learning more on a daily basis. I plan on starting p90x3 and try out some shakology this week when it comes in on Wednesday. I want active people on my friends list not people who like status and tell me I am doing great when I am not. I, in return, offer the same. So OP feel free to add me I would love to help with your journey as long as you do the same. Same goes for any other person posting on this.
  • bno76
    bno76 Posts: 18
    Options
    I've just joined up and would love to have some support or be of support to others in the same boat with this weight loss thing. I have 21kg (46 lbs) to lose to reach my goal weight. Feel free to add me :)
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I am back at it myself... was gone for almost a year. New year, New me. Gotta lose 10lbs - feel free to add me if you like!
  • hevans05
    hevans05 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to get into running, so kudos to you!