Maintaining 30 lbs

Options
While reflecting over my year, I realized that I've been able to maintain keeping off 30 lbs since January. Even with some weeks where I don't make it to the gym, my weight only flucuates a few pounds. I'm so proud of myself for this accomplishment.

The one thing that I've done that's different is I've gotten rid of all my big clothes. I can't afford to buy anything right now so I only have clothes that fit my new size.

This is encouragement to me to keep the weight off. Not only that but my body feels better overall. It's great going into my closet and knowing whatever I pick, its going to fit.

So today I wanted to celebrate me. Great Job Jackie, keep up the good work. You are looking great. Boy my pants are fitting good. Wow, my knees didn't hurt while walking up the stairs. Man, pushing out those 20 boy pushups wasn't hard at all.

Thank You and have a blessed day.

Replies

• SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Great job Jackie!

You should be very proud of yourself. Thank you for sharing your success.

Karen
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome accomplishment. Congratulations on a job well done!!:drinker:
  • klkelley
    klkelley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    That is awesome Jackie - I am nearing the time I will begin maintenance as well. I am concerned about this and there are very few people who actually post how/what they do to maintain. I know that there is no one plan that will work for all, but if others could post some simple recommendations - I think that would be helpful. For example - It doesn't make sense that one day you go from weight reduction eating fewer calories, exercising a lot and then the next - you are eating a lot more calories and exercising less. An idea of how each who has maintained for a while made that transition would be helpful. Then what worked at the 3 month point and what didn't - then again at 6 months, etc. I have been keeping a Journey diary to log the process as I reduce weight over the last few months, and will continue to do this as I reach my goal and then move into maintenance. Did you do anything like that or could you kind of provide a synopsis of the transition and the maintenance?

Thanks

Vickie
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME and should be very proud!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I wish I could tell you one thing that really clicked. The funniest thing is that during this year of me losing the weight, I've also had lots of trouble in my marriage. I've been separated now for a month from my husband of 19 years. What I didn't do this time is eat during the stress. I exercised because I always felt more positive afterwards. If I had a bad night, I made sure I hit the gym in the morning so I wouldn't feel depressed. So no matter what was going on, I still exercised.

I really did stop eatting cookies and ice cream at night before I went to bed. I started drinking more water and still am. I try my best to workout 3-5 times a week but if I don't, I don't beat myself up with guilt. I love my new body, my new energy, and my new mindset. So even if I don't have my husband anymore, I still am healthy.

So I guess, it's my mind that's keeping me from gaining the weight back. And God's strength that's keeping me going even in the midst of my struggles.
    That is awesome Jackie - I am nearing the time I will begin maintenance as well. I am concerned about this and there are very few people who actually post how/what they do to maintain. I know that there is no one plan that will work for all, but if others could post some simple recommendations - I think that would be helpful. For example - It doesn't make sense that one day you go from weight reduction eating fewer calories, exercising a lot and then the next - you are eating a lot more calories and exercising less. An idea of how each who has maintained for a while made that transition would be helpful. Then what worked at the 3 month point and what didn't - then again at 6 months, etc. I have been keeping a Journey diary to log the process as I reduce weight over the last few months, and will continue to do this as I reach my goal and then move into maintenance. Did you do anything like that or could you kind of provide a synopsis of the transition and the maintenance?

Thanks

Vickie
  • Dispathio
    Dispathio Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm very proud of you. Your words are encouraging to me. I want that day to come when I am more ambulatory and flexible. i WANT TO BE ABLE TO GET RID OF MY BIG CLOTHES TOO.. kEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!:bigsmile:
  • BughaBear
    Options
    Great Job!!!!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    nice work. i'm learning to maintain myself and want to say the same thing months from now. congrats!
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thumbs way, way up! Awesome accomplishment! You go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!